OT...... Removing tire marks from paint

5 replies to this topic
  • xr600r

Posted August 24, 2003 - 09:30 AM

Everytime i mow my lawn , i scrape my propane tank with the back tires on my garden tractor, leaving rubber marks.
how do i get these marks off ?.... and no... WD40 isnt working. :)

• bigc

Posted August 24, 2003 - 11:58 AM

quit running into your tank,result no tire marks. :devil:no, just kidding use a torch :Dseriously i have absolutly no clue,repaint it perhaps.

• cnacc

Posted August 24, 2003 - 12:52 PM

Try straight dish soap and a stiff bristled brush, and lots of elbow grease, and definently invest in a weed eater.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr600r

Posted August 24, 2003 - 03:33 PM

A torch on a propane tank ? hmmmmmmm.. yea.. ok, i'll get right on that. :) :D :D :D :D :D

• xr600r

Posted August 24, 2003 - 03:41 PM

ok, ok.. i dont hit it everytime.. just a couple of times .. enough to put some serious skid marks on it. :)

• Strick

Posted August 24, 2003 - 04:51 PM

Citrus orange. Anyway, that is what road contruction crews use to get tar and such off of cars. It WILL remove the tire marks. Any parts store or hardware store should carry something close. Also, a gallon will last 5-10 years (unless you spill it). One dab of a rag in the container will clean a LARGE area. Use cloth though, paper towels don't seem to work well.

Good LucK!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.