getting familiarized

2 replies to this topic
  • JohanChaves

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi! I know this might be an easy one for you most here just got an USD front fork from a 2004 WR 450F to adapt on my old XR 250, I am kind of slow with USD forks, I mean I do understand how they work:banghead: but they have some things a 1995 convectional fork dont have:busted:
on the upper part there are two cap/screws one is a rebound adjuster screw I guess and the other is??:smirk:
at the bottom what is that, what does it make hard or softens??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted May 24, 2011 - 04:19 AM

Yes, one of the upper screws is your rebound adjustment screw. Turning it in will "slow" or stiffen your rebound. The other screw is an air bleed screw. You put your bike up on an engine stand and remove this screw to let out any built up air pressure inside your forks.
On the underside of your forks is the compression adjuster. Turning this in will "slow" or stiffin" your compression damping. Maniac

• JohanChaves

Posted May 24, 2011 - 03:48 PM

in order to have an idea for the proper tuning of this forks, at gravel terrain with some loose stones (fairly flat car-accessible road) should I start with a quick/soft compression and a medium rebound?, right?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.