Hiller (Trails in Cadillac)

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 15, 2001 - 11:20 AM

The trails in Cadillac were full of mud, I ended up riding the 4-Wheeler! I think I am going to wait until the next holiday weekend. I'll be on vacation then. The weather man predicted snow up there Monday and Tuesday. Highs in the 30's. What do you think? I'm crazy but not insane !!!! :)
Dennis

• xr600r

Posted April 15, 2001 - 12:10 PM

a couple of my buddies were suppose to go to
higgins lake on saturday,i couldnt make it,
wish i could have,one guy took his virgin
wr250f,havent heard how it went.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 15, 2001 - 03:21 PM

XR600r,
I can say one thing. At least the snow is all gone. My WR is a virgin also. As far as the Polaris goes thats a few years old and I use it for deer hunting. It behaves in the heavy sloppy mud! I need to get more experience with the bike. Although I had a YZ400 last year and that thing kicked ass! :)
Dennis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hiller

Posted April 16, 2001 - 08:43 AM

Dennis, I rode in Lewiston and Mio Friday, Sat, and Sun. The weather and conditions were PERFECT, we had a great time. Some of the trails had trees laying across them, the DNR hasn't been out yet to clear them. But, the trees make a fun obstacle!!
There was very little snow on the trails and no water or mud at all. The best part is that with the small amount of rain Friday night, there wasn't any dust all day Sat. What a great weekend.
I know you guys don't want to hear this, but, this was my new KTM 520 EXC's virgin trail ride, what a bike :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 16, 2001 - 02:49 PM

Mr. Hiller, what made you decieded to buy a KTM over the WR? Where did you find it in Southeast Michigan? I got my WR from Cement City. :)
Dennis

• Hiller

Posted April 17, 2001 - 04:06 AM

I called about 40 dealerships in Mi, In, Oh, and Il. I finally found a 520 EXC in Oshawa, Ontario. Thats a 5 hour drive each way for me!!
I actually had a WR ordered in Mio, but decided to go with the KTM. Why? Electric start and still 248 lbs. After about 200 miles on the bike, I can safely say that I will never buy another bike without electric start. I think my riding buddies hate me now, they all want to steal my "magic" button. :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 17, 2001 - 10:43 AM

I don't know dude. I can go out in the garage on the coldest of days, twist the wick twice and the Yamaha fires rite up. Now don't get me wrong, KTM makes a real fine machine. I was interested in one but couldn't find one or a dealer that carried one. My 98 YZ was a pain in the ass! Swore I would never buy another Yamaha. But I did. People tell me that the Lord will forgive, but when I race them I kick there ass. Don't need forgiveness for that. :) What do you think? Maybe someday we can meet up north some time and go riding. Catch me if you can...
Dennis :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.