2009 DRD Exhaust Parts

5 replies to this topic
  • gabrams

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:04 PM

Does anyone have an aluminum can for a 2009 DRD exhaust that they would be willing to sell? I blasted a hole in my carbon fiber can and I contacted DRD and they want me to send it back and won't repair it but would be willing to give me 20% off (or more if they deem it factory defect which I doubt after a full season on it) on a new muffler. They also wouldn't sell me a can separately for whatever reason. I never would have bought a CF exhaust because I know these materials fail eventually over time even when properly packed (I repacked this every 15 hours). I believe the previous owner of the exhaust may have baked it once making it brittle. Rather than spend $330 (20% off a $410 muffler) I'd buy a different exhaust not being overly impressed with the service at DRD, not that it's bad but I really struggle to understand why they won't just sell me a can. On a side note anyone have any performance input on the MRD exhausts on a 09 YZ450 as well?

• RiderX

Posted May 23, 2011 - 07:15 PM

I have a full system I would be willing to part with. PM sent.

• gabrams

Posted May 23, 2011 - 07:25 PM

I appreciate it but I'm just looking for the can if possible. If I'm going to spend significant money I'm going to go with the MRD exhaust. Thanks for the response though. I emailed MRD tonight, way after hours, and I got a response within 5 minutes. Now that's customer service.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEOINAGE

Posted May 24, 2011 - 04:20 AM

I'm getting an MRD exhaust, next big purchase for my bike, don't have any info for you however on performance.

• gabrams

Posted June 06, 2011 - 04:51 PM

I wanted to close this thread by saying I did sent my exhaust back to DRD hesitantly because I was afraid it was going to be too much to repair. They called me the other day and said they would replace my broken carbon fiber exhaust with an aluminum exhaust with pro packing installed for $110. I couldn't have been more happy with DRD and their customer service once I sent the exhaust back. I was very happy because the performance was very good on the 09 YZ exhaust and I was worried about switching to another brand I was not familiar with. I would highly recommend DRD after this experience.

• RiderX

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:59 PM

Good to hear!

:ride:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.