Leaking fuel

4 replies to this topic
  • jsmith4816

Posted May 23, 2011 - 04:51 PM

I recently did a top and bottom end job on my 01 426. When I connected the tank to the carb, I turned it on and it started leaking out of the fuel cock. I took it off and drained the gas into a gas can and it did not leak then, so I do not believe that it is bad. Maybe the carb is clogged or drain the fuel in the carb and try again?

• DeeCee

Posted May 24, 2011 - 01:03 AM

Is the hose split ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jsmith4816

Posted May 24, 2011 - 07:15 AM

no, hose is good

• RiderX

Posted May 24, 2011 - 08:15 AM

The reason it didn't leak is likely because there was no pressure on the leak point, since you were draining the tank. If you had plugged the end of the hose it might have leaked just like when the float needle closed and stopped the flow of fuel into the carb. A carb problem will not make the petcock leak.

There's a packing seal and o-ring you can buy to re-seal the petcock.

3AC-24523-00-00 packing seal
3AJ-24534-01-00 o-ring

and you might as well replace the petcock base gasket part# 4X8-24512-00-00

• grayracer513

Posted May 24, 2011 - 01:06 PM

Having attempted to reseal a YZ petcock before, I think you'll find it simpler just to replace it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.