08 yzf450... slight backfire when I kill the engine.

4 replies to this topic
  • stevemorgan728

Posted May 23, 2011 - 03:19 PM

Recently my bike has started this slight backfire thing after the engine stops. I just did a new piston and ring set(just because it was due, not because of the backfire), and it is still there. Seems odd that it would all the sudden start doing this. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

• grayracer513

Posted May 23, 2011 - 03:58 PM

Once in a while isn't too odd, but if it does that frequently, it could be that you have your fuel mix a bit on the rich side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz450fcranker

Posted May 23, 2011 - 11:29 PM

my 2009 does that too it might be rich but it only did it when it was new so it might be good when a bike clears its throat

• jratcliffe3

Posted May 24, 2011 - 12:25 AM

My 09 does it too, mainly in warm weather/once its ran slowly through the pits after a race and got hotter than usual. Slightly over fuelled, thats all - nothing to worry about.

Weather changed much since it started?

• stevemorgan728

Posted May 24, 2011 - 07:37 AM

thought it might be something like that... thanks guys!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.