'10 Bar risers

5 replies to this topic
  • SEOINAGE

Posted May 23, 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm not very tall but I really could use a tiny bit more height, standing is hard to reach comfortably. Was thinking these tusk 1.2" risers would do the trick.

http://www.rockymoun...dFamilyId=25849

I currently have the bar in the furthest forward position, which is slightly too far forward, I know these will move my bar position back slightly, hopefully not too much, but just right.

Is this going to be structurally sound enough? I mean for 20 bucks, especially when i have a 20 dollar credit, and it is something I think needs fixing, I would think it would be a good solution to me buying higher rise bars.

Anyone have opinions on these things, cheap solution work ok for now? or is it a bad idea?

• SEOINAGE

Posted May 23, 2011 - 12:58 PM

Meh I wasted posting, i bought them anyways so i could get them in time for my trip in a couple days. Wouldn't hurt to hear opinions though I suppose.

• RiverReaper

Posted May 23, 2011 - 01:08 PM

Let me know how they workout i've been considering the same thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 23, 2011 - 02:02 PM

I bought the older stackable risers from Tusk for a WR (I like the one you reference better) and they are great. I'm 6' and also use the tallest bars I could find (Pastrana FMX), but my riding is almost all stand up. On the WR we don't have the luxury of being able to move the bars forward in the clamps. I think you will like the risers just fine and as you said, you really can't go wrong for $20. The only thing I don't like about my setup is that without being able to move the bars forward, standing up on inclines is pretty difficult, but on level ground and especially downhill where I am hanging way back it's awesome.

• SEOINAGE

Posted May 24, 2011 - 04:15 AM

Awesome i think i will like them, and let people know here. I put mine all the way forward for just that purpose, getting up over the front end, my bars are also tilted forward slightly so my wrists are in a favorable position when climbing.

• YamaLink

Posted May 24, 2011 - 11:48 AM

I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam but wanted a slightly higher bar position so I installed 6mm aluminum spacers atop the triple clamp under the lower handlebar mount. Perfect now for my goofy body and riding style.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.