Weight/Suspension

2 replies to this topic
  • DerekJohnson

Posted May 16, 2001 - 11:07 AM

I weigh 180 pounds and find that the suspension is a little stiff on my new 426F. I believe that the stock suspension is for a 200 pounder, is that correct? Any suggestions on how to change this if need be?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted May 16, 2001 - 12:57 PM

If you are interested in having an aftermarket suspension set you up, you can use a free forum at www.dirtrider.net for advice from Jeremy Wilkey of MX-Tech. The nice thing about this bulletin board site is that Jeremy will give you ball park type of advice. From there, you can shop around with a pretty good idea of what you will need. As an index for you, I used MX-Tech for my suspension upgrade and weigh the same as you. The forks were revalved, new seals, Mobil ATF, midvalve fix, and upgraded bumpers. The stock springs were used as per Jeremy. The rear shock received a revalve, upgraded bumpers, and a new spring rate. I don't have that spring spec in front of me at present...but, I am very pleased with the result. Personally, the biggest improvement is the plushness of the shock over acceleration and braking stutter bumps. The price...$750. RG3 is another excellent suspension shop. Some suspension shops are setting up web sites that you can input your weight and riding abilty into and get a recommendation of springs and valving specs. There are other good suspension tuners out there so shop around.

• F-Pilot

Posted May 16, 2001 - 02:47 PM

No, it's set up for a 160 to 175lb rider and for MX not trails.
All KYB's are very stiff until broken in.
Get a few hours on it before you start messing with it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.