WR graphics

16 replies to this topic
  • jonooffler

Posted May 23, 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi I need to tidy up my 2004 WR450 and I having a few problems getting graphics for this bike. I have noticed that you can get 2003 -2005 YZF graphics from the USA , can anyone tell me if these will fit with a little nip and tuck ? they look like they are close.
Jono

• danfromnb

Posted May 23, 2011 - 03:37 AM

Short answer.... nope.

Long answer.... No, you need to buy 03-04 WR graphics, unless you have an oversize tank, which all use 05-06 WR shrouds (YZ shrouds) There is 2cm difference between the 2 mounting holes on the tank I believe.

Watch ebay, a set will come up from time to time for a decent price.

Good choice of bike BTW :smirk:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:51 AM

Short answer.... nope.

Long answer.... No, you need to buy 03-04 WR graphics, unless you have an oversize tank, which all use 05-06 WR shrouds (YZ shrouds) There is 2cm difference between the 2 mounting holes on the tank I believe.

Watch ebay, a set will come up from time to time for a decent price.

Good choice of bike BTW :smirk:

Are you sure about that? The 03-05 yz450 and the 03-06 wr450 uses the exact same shrouds.

I think you misunderstand the question.

yes, the tanks are different sizes but still mount up the same.

You can use the yz graphics from the years mentioned.

• bg10459

Posted May 23, 2011 - 05:03 PM

Are you sure about that? The 03-05 yz450 and the 03-06 wr450 uses the exact same shrouds.

I'm pretty sure the YZ and WR shrouds are different. The part numbers are different in 03.

• ewr2004

Posted May 23, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Check this site out.

http://graphicmx.com/ykit.shtml

• dailydR1ver

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:00 PM

Check this site out.

http://graphicmx.com/ykit.shtml

There are horror stories all over the internet about this site. I ordered from them recently and then saw all the complaints and started to freak out thinking my $130 was gone. After a week of calling and no emails returned someone finally answered the phone and said that my order would ship out the next day. So all in all, you'll get your stuff if you order from them, but don't expect a fast shipment or any communication. That was just my experience though.

With all that aside, the product they offer is excellent, much to choose from. I wanted a clean, stock look and the "sharp" graphic kit was perfect. The fitment was spot on and the quality of the graphics were excellent, very thick and durable. I would most likely order from them again.

Posted Image

• danfromnb

Posted May 24, 2011 - 06:05 PM

I think you are misinformed

03-04 WR and 05-06 WR use different shrouds, the 05-06 are the same as the YZ.

• jonooffler

Posted May 25, 2011 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for all your help with this one it does look like I'm going to have to buy WR graphics. it's a shame there are some very nice YZF ones on ebay at a a good price. I had heard that you could fit them with a odd cut here .
Thanks again Jono

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redneckj

Posted May 25, 2011 - 07:01 AM

I called graphicmx today and he answered his phone on the second ring. Their selection of graphic kits for the WR400 is amazing. I have never seen a better selection of stock style graphic kits for my bike. The graphics kit on the bike now is old and the tank graphic is not liking fuel in the tank. Time to get new graphics.

• The Hopper Show

Posted June 03, 2011 - 08:27 PM

There are horror stories all over the internet about this site. I ordered from them recently and then saw all the complaints and started to freak out thinking my $130 was gone. After a week of calling and no emails returned someone finally answered the phone and said that my order would ship out the next day. So all in all, you'll get your stuff if you order from them, but don't expect a fast shipment or any communication. That was just my experience though.

With all that aside, the product they offer is excellent, much to choose from. I wanted a clean, stock look and the "sharp" graphic kit was perfect. The fitment was spot on and the quality of the graphics were excellent, very thick and durable. I would most likely order from them again.

Posted Image

do you have more pics of your bike with these graphics on it?

anyone ever use these guys?

http://www.magiksc.c...cs-c-29_37.html

• AJMAG247

Posted June 03, 2011 - 08:29 PM

go with MAGIK for sure

• gggsxr11

Posted June 03, 2011 - 09:55 PM

i got some and the thickness of the stickers was an issue as the sticker always wanted to straigten it self out which meant the adhesive cannot hold it around the corners,so now i have duct tape holding them on which defeats the whole purpose???

• ewr2004

Posted June 04, 2011 - 08:33 AM

Magik is over priced and their selection is slim, especially for bikes older than 2007. Rather than using duct tape, try cleaning the surfaces and using double sided tape. That solution worked well on my bike.

• The Hopper Show

Posted June 08, 2011 - 09:54 PM

how about DeCal Works then? good quality? or factory fx?

• CanadianWR450

Posted June 09, 2011 - 01:32 AM

how about DeCal Works then? good quality? or factory fx?

Just got done putting Factory FX on my 04.
Never installed any other graphics, so hard for me to compare, but I like them.
I found sealing the edges with a tiny bit of crazy glue works wonders though.

• Serb

Posted April 07, 2013 - 05:33 AM

Does any of you may have sketch(scheme, outline) graphic kit??? I have wr450f 2007...

• Krimble

Posted April 07, 2013 - 02:16 PM

Does any of you may have sketch(scheme, outline) graphic kit??? I have wr450f 2007...

I bought my graphics from this guy. [color=#444444][font='Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web Regular', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Helvetica Neue', 'BBAlpha Sans', 'S60 Sans', Arial, sans-serif]philippe@e-stickygraphics.com [/font][/color]Just ask him what he has if that's what your are looking for. Here are his templates, everything is changeable to your liking.
Here is the one I bought from him. I still don't have on the bike tough.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.