06WR450 Should i buy a newer shock?

4 replies to this topic
  • nitronaf

Posted May 22, 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hi guys just after some advice. Dont seem to be getting any responses in the suspension forum.
I am currently building my supermoto race bike and am about to get the suspension done.

Been trying to find out if its worth purchasing a newer rear shock to revalve rather than using my WR's stocker. Can't seem to find a straight answer on the forums search. I suspect the YZF units are better but cannot confirm.

If it is better could you please let me know which year i should aim for.

Im rocking ohlins forks so i kinda wanna make it at least decent in the shock department to but cant afford a ohlins rear :smirk:

Any advice or opinions is much appreciated! :smirk:

• MANIAC998

Posted May 23, 2011 - 04:41 AM

As far as quality goes, there is no difference between YZ & WR. The valving is different, that is all. And since your supermoto'ing yours, it's going to need different valving anyhow, so just use the WR. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tribalbc

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:21 AM

As far as quality goes, there is no difference between YZ & WR. The valving is different, that is all. And since your supermoto'ing yours, it's going to need different valving anyhow, so just use the WR. Maniac

x 2 :smirk:

• YamaLink

Posted May 23, 2011 - 06:51 AM

Exactly x 1000!

• nitronaf

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:57 AM

cheers guys :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.