The Ole YZ400 Idle Problem

No replies to this topic
  • rickybobby2189

Posted May 22, 2011 - 05:05 PM

So I have read and searched and read many posts about a problem I am having but I have not yet figured out what I need to do....
Problem:Bike has never held a good idle or would hang at a high idle and then die down and stall..I recently replaced valve seals and when I was in there saw my valves were way tighter than Spec. called for. I shimmed them back into spec thinking this was my problem and get it back together and same thing. High hanging idle and erratic running. I have messed with the fuel air screw on the bottom and cleaned the carb,checked for ANY air leaks and no good...I am getting frustrated the more time I spend on it :smirk: and I am trying my best to get it right...I unplugged my TPS this morning and it did alot better than it had.The problem now is it will idle and after a little bit(approx 30 to 45 seconds) it will die on down and stall...I am no mechanic but I still cant figure what the problem is,I wanna think it is the TPS but it still will not idle very long(although better than it was)Has anyone had this problem and resolved it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.