How to get Red Dirt out of your jersey's???

7 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted August 23, 2003 - 09:17 AM

Hi everyone!

I have a question for not just you but those that take care of you.

Does anyone have any secret to getting Red Dirt out of jerseys? Ya know like a secret additive for your washer? Tide just aint cutting it.

Let this be the official "how to get red dirt out" topic :)

TT Ladies????? Anyone?

• Fryboy

Posted August 23, 2003 - 09:18 AM

Other than BURNING IT ?

• MOmilkman

Posted August 23, 2003 - 05:28 PM

Best I can do is rinse the jersey several times in hot water under the faucet. Then wash in cold.

• RogerDedrick

Posted August 24, 2003 - 02:18 PM

Our local High School has some of that red clay mixed with some other stuff imported in for the Base/soft ball fields.
I remember at one of my daughter(s) games parents discussing mixing Casacade dishwashing detergent along with the regular washing soap to get it out. Its worth a try I guess

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted August 24, 2003 - 02:36 PM

Try soaking it in liquid tide over night

If that dont work die it Blue in the tie die method

Posted August 24, 2003 - 06:41 PM

Throw it away! The stuff wont come out all the way. Just look at my carpet next time your here :)

Posted August 25, 2003 - 10:54 AM

I mix 1/2 cup of oxy clean with Gain Liquid detergent... Gets my riding gear clean of that RED Georgia Clay everytime.

Bonzai :)

• Fryboy

Posted August 26, 2003 - 07:05 AM

Throw it away! The stuff wont come out all the way. Just look at my carpet next time your here :)

:D Too funny Cisco. I have heard it won't come out... but I think I will try Yamakaze's recipe. If anyone knows red dirt like we do its Kaze.

By the way, Cisco, love your knew signature :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.