injured list?

34 replies to this topic
  • Sandracer_uk

Posted May 15, 2001 - 11:16 PM

was just wondering how many of us are currently on the injured list?

• yzernie

Posted May 16, 2001 - 02:30 AM

Originally posted by sandracer_uk:
injured list?

Count me in with a bad knee.

Scott F in with a torn achillies.

Ernie

• Amador

Posted May 16, 2001 - 08:20 AM

Me Too.

* Dislocated right shoulder
* Sprained Left Wrist
* Bruised Right hip
* Shifted meticarple bone in left hand
* Vicodin addiction

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 08:36 AM

I am injured every day from 6am till 330pm.
After 330pm all the pain and aganoy seems to go away.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 08:54 AM

I have some torn cartiledge in my knee but stupid me thinks that instead of getting it fixed and having downtime right now I'll buy those new Asterisk braces and prolong the procedure. I did and it seems to be working although it may not be the wisest thing I've done. I also broke a rib New Years weekend during the same crash that killed my knee. It still hurts to sleep on and I'm sure it won't be fun if I belly flop in the dirt. I'm 23 y/o and feel like I'm falling apart. I've already had one knee reconstruction. Damn why are these dirt bikes sooo fun!!

------------------
Khris
When in doubt, GAS IT!
What are you, YELLOW?

• DaveJ

Posted May 16, 2001 - 09:07 PM

My girlfriend has some blisters on her left hand, and I have an addiction to good tequila. Does that count?

• Sandracer_uk

Posted May 16, 2001 - 09:50 PM

well for my part i have a newly pinned broken wrist,, very weak
rode on it again for the first time in months a few weeks back,,,
dropped the bike ,,,header pressed against my leg and wrist was too weak to lift the bike off me,,,
result, pair of burnt fox360's and a deep burn on my leg that looks like something from an evil dead film,,,
they say that header gets to 600degrees,,, AND I BELIEVE EM.
roll on sunday,,,riding day
:)

------------------
"when the dust storm comes they say the devil rides in"

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 10:20 AM

Well if you consider a chip the size of a pencil eraser knocked off of my big toe bone and the outside bone on my right foot broken in 4 places.........Hemerhoids from sitting on my A and a blister on my mouse hand from using the CPU too much and bleeding ears from listening to my wife scream at me and the kids....................I guess you can say that I am on that list!
But I do get to wear this gnarly TEAM BLUE cast. When I get it off I'm gunna hang it right in the middle of my trophies so I can remember NOT to do it AGAIN!

THIS SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
All this time off from work and I can't even fire it up to hear the BAD BOY ROAR
http://content.commu...1&ID_Message=42
G4

------------------
NOPE..........BOY.......
That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........
It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 05-16-2001).]

• overthebars_again

Posted May 16, 2001 - 01:10 PM

I've been off my bike since the beginning of March. I had a yard sale on some railroad tracks and ended up with 5 fractures in my Thumb, 3 in the Wrist and also fractured my Ulna. Titanium plates and 8 screws made it look like a hand again. Vicodin ain't about $hit man. Bring on Mr. Morphine, please...

• Boit

Posted May 16, 2001 - 01:12 PM

Bruised kidney, '94.

Torn shoulder blade muscles, '95 Triple arthrodesis of the right ankle(6 screws to fuse the ankle bones together)...broken collarbone...broken 5th metatarsal in '96.

No racing in '97

minor stuff in '98, '99, '00.

2 cracked ribs and broken metatarsal(same bone as '96) this year...so far. First race was this past Sunday. I sukked.

And I call this fun???

Hey G4: once you get that cast off, you're gonna be shocked at how small your calf muscle will be. You will resemble an Ethiopian refugee. This last time, when I broke the 5th metatarpal(and cracked two ribs) on my right foot, I didn't tell the doc about the foot. I would rather just limp and let it heal than wear that stinking cast...and I mean STINKING! When I tore up my ankle in '96, I had to wear a cast for two consecutive periods because it took 3 doctors before I finally got an accurate diagnosis of the damage extent. Personally, I don't see the advantage...or need to cast a broken bone...especially one that is not a clean break. I'd rather just wrap it with an ACE bandage and take it really easy for a while. At least I can take a normal shower.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 05-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 05-16-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted May 16, 2001 - 02:38 PM

Count me in, tweaked right knee, waiting to see Othro for the diagnosis.

• yzernie

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Originally posted by overthebars_again:
Titanium plates and 8 screws made it look like a hand again.

So....what you are saying is that you have your very own titanium subframe :)

I went to the ortho yesterday and found out that surgery is the only option. Torn cartilage, torn mcl, bone spurs and arthritis. Should be ready for the wheelchair by the time I am 50!!

Ernie

• yzernie

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:16 PM

Originally posted by overthebars_again:
Titanium plates and 8 screws made it look like a hand again.

So....what you are saying is that you have your very own titanium subframe :)

I went to the ortho yesterday and found out that surgery is the only option. Torn cartilage, torn mcl, bone spurs and arthritis. Should be ready for the wheelchair by the time I am 50!!

Ernie

• enmerdeur

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:26 PM

Not much excitement here.

Cracked right scapula 93'

Everything else have been minor strains and bruises.

Not bad for 30 years of riding.

------------------
SHN
99'YZ-400 (Mine)
00' TT-R 125 (Hers)
91' KX-125 (Son #1)
93' CR-80 (Just sold it. Looking for another TTR125 for Son #2)
99' PW-80 (Son #3)

• motoman393

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:45 PM

Well I thought I would share my experiences. I broke both my arms on a 120ft tabletop in November of 99'!

I wrecked on a 80ft triple and got "really lucky" that time (it could've been BAD)!

I also gave my self a concussion the day after the 01' Houston Supercross (I guess I was thinking I was MC or RC LOL)

Thats not bad for 6 yrs of riding and being that im almost 16! LOL I dont even want to think about when I'm like 45!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• wannabe426guy

Posted May 16, 2001 - 05:56 PM

Originally posted by F-Pilot:
Count me in, tweaked right knee, waiting to see Othro for the diagnosis.

Hey let me know what the doc says, looks like I forced to ride a 426 in prescott. Went by sunday and looked at track!!!! Looks like alot of fun and vet freindly too...Rode the 426 last sat at canyon HUGE HOLESHOT faster than my 125.......

• enigma675

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:05 PM

I joined the injured ranks this weekend. I raced two classes this weekend, and crashed pretty hard in the next to last moto. I thought I just banged my knee, but the swelling won't go away. I messed up some cartilage playing football and this feels like the same thing. Too bad! I have CTi's waiting to be picked from the Doc.

The weekend before, I found out what a "kicker" will make a bike do. I have some gravel rash and some bruised ribs. I started riding in September and I am re-thinking this racing thing.

Michael

• elroyona426

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:10 PM

Broken collarbone, oh well, at least I'm a fast healer :)

• Hick

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:36 PM

Originally posted by enmerdeur:
Cracked right scapula

“(Sob) I knew I wasn’t alone!!!”

Broken left scapula in two places, two fractured ribs. Doc says four more weeks yet. Doesn’t that mean two?

PS, I hope your sig. others don’t surf Thumpertalk, I can’t believe all the carnage here! You guys are a bunch of loonies for riding dirt bikes, its too dangerous!

• Duzitall

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:46 PM

It's not just bikes. I sprained my wrist in a softball tournament last weekend. Just being alive hurts. So ride without guilt!

Chris

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.