Talc and Blisters

12 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 15, 2001 - 08:00 PM

Anyone ever heard of using talc in your gloves to reduce blistering? If you have tried this does it help?

• MAD_POTTER

Posted May 15, 2001 - 10:15 PM

Makes sense to me, I put it on my tubes to reduce friction when installing a new tire.
KC

• Maicoman

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:12 AM

Paul
Have you ever tried those disposable rubber gloves ? They sell those at most auto parts stores, and some brands are prepowder.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 09:17 PM

You have a thought there Maicoman, although I hat the way those things leave your hand smelling. Might try them anyway. Should get my Boyesen Flexgrip for my lefthand grip today. I'm anxious to give it a try.

I have gone from armpump to blisters, now I'll probably cure the blisters and get the armpump back, oh well we'll see...

• G-Man

Posted May 16, 2001 - 10:16 AM

The key my friend, is to not hold on too tight, relax bruther :)

That and seat time to build up those cubicle Dilbert inspired hands :D

• motoman393

Posted May 16, 2001 - 01:21 PM

If your having trouble with blisters then the only option is to spend $19.95 on PC racing's gloves! goto www.pcracingusa.com and check out the "under-ware kevlar gloves" they are like nihgt and day difference! Now I can keep riding until I get tired, not whenever my hands hurt! Im loving the life w/no blisters!

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 01:25 PM

Major gaps between rides this time of year in AZ so anything I can do to reduce blisters is worth a try.

Maybe I can loosen up on the grips. Now that I have the MX handguards installed my hands aren't getting beat up with roost just before passing you G-Man. :)

Hope the ankle is feeling better...

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 01:40 PM

Motoman,
I have heard of these glove liners. My MX gloves fit fairly snugly, would the liners fit under them? Which liner did you get of the various ones available from PC Racing. I'm riding MX tracks in hot weather, which ones do you recommend.

• motoman393

Posted May 16, 2001 - 03:33 PM

I got the "ultra waterproof ones" they were the most expensine ones (right at $20) since I ride in Hot/Humid weather in TX I thought the waterproof would be a good idea! They fit real snug to your hand and Im sure they will fit underneath your regular riding gloves. When I got them in the mail I thought "Man I just got ripped off these things are too thin and little" but after 30 mins of the 1st ride I was convinced that they really do work and are not even bulky! If you are getting blisters I would buy these! Now I wont ride w/o them! Hope this helps!

Garrett

------------------
Friendswood, TX

• motoman393

Posted May 16, 2001 - 03:35 PM

Oh yeah they also got to my house in 2 days and they came in the mail box (since they are so small)!

Garrett

------------------
Friendswood, TX

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 16, 2001 - 06:02 PM

The glove liners sound pretty good. Do they help you figure out the size? I just received my Boyesen Flexgrip today http://www.boyesen.c...s.html#flexgrip and plan to try it out this weekend. I'll see how it works and go from there on the liners.

• Sandracer_uk

Posted May 16, 2001 - 11:44 PM

just a thought,,,
i used to work in a photo lab and we used cotton gloves for negative handling
at the time i used to wear em under leather gloves for road ridding
these things cost pennys
so maybe worth a look

• mcarp

Posted May 17, 2001 - 07:13 PM

I just rub a little vaseline on the calous-prone area before riding. Works fine, and cheap!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.