Warped front wheel on a new WR426F

5 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted August 22, 2003 - 05:19 PM

I just went for a little ride through the neighborhood on my brand new WR426F. I looked down and noticed that the front wheel is out of round. Should I take it back to the dealer right away? I have ridden it one time, came back and tightened the spokes and that is all I have ridden it until tonight. Just bought it last weekend from the Yamaha shop. It is brand new.

• RJMorgan

Posted August 22, 2003 - 05:25 PM

you should definately take it back

• gawarrior

Posted August 22, 2003 - 05:26 PM

That is what I thought. It's going on the truck right now so I can take it back in the morning.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kev426

Posted August 23, 2003 - 09:04 AM

It could just be the tire. I had a rear that was off. rim was straight but the tire wobbled side to side.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted August 23, 2003 - 08:09 PM

If I understand you correctly, you rode the bike, then came home and tightened the spokes, now the front wheel is 'warped'. Is this correct? If that is the case, then the way you tightened the spokes probably played a big part in the 'warping'. Did you tighten every third spoke on each side on the wheel until you had them all tight? Did you over-tighten them? This is what your dealer will ask when you take it back.

Posted August 25, 2003 - 10:58 AM

So... How did your trip back to the dealer go???

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.