Exhaust gasket on 2007 + WR450f Is it important?

6 replies to this topic
  • pschiess

Posted May 18, 2011 - 07:40 PM

In the picture below how important are the 2 very thin metal gaskets on both sides of the spark arrester? I just put my pipe back together an one of them is sitting on my work bench. I know I installed the one the goes towards the engine so this one must be the rear one. Do I need to take it apart and put it in? What is its purpose?

Posted Image

• yz450fcranker

Posted May 18, 2011 - 08:02 PM

They are supposed to be there for spacing and correct fit if it works it will be OK

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 19, 2011 - 01:55 AM

Jeez, its only 5 minutes work (if that) to put them in!
(Anyone would think you'd just rebuilt the motor and left the crank thrust washers out or something! LOL!)

Put it back the way its supposed to be.

Greg

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dgcars

Posted May 19, 2011 - 02:56 AM

Jeez, its only 5 minutes work (if that) to put them in!...

+1. It probably took longer to start this thread. :smirk:

• William1

Posted May 19, 2011 - 03:28 AM

They prevent exhaust leaks. leave them out, you'll get exhaust soot leaking out of the can. They are they for a reason. Thinking you know better than the designers is usually fruitless. Plus the bean counters would of loved to save $.25 per unit

• pschiess

Posted May 19, 2011 - 08:24 AM

And back in it goes.

• WR450FGreg

Posted May 20, 2011 - 02:05 AM

And back in it goes.

Good move mate! :smirk:

Greg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.