11 years, 325ccs, 5 valves later...

44 replies to this topic
  • rcdude33

Posted May 24, 2011 - 08:40 AM

I got the same one hahahaha also congrats. But one hint I should say, is replace he chain, the stock ones are junk and they stretch really quick.

• johnny6speed

Posted May 24, 2011 - 10:20 AM

Your not kidding! 5 hours in and I've already had to adjust it twice. So does gold chains = bling?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Polar_Bus

Posted May 25, 2011 - 08:33 AM

Your not kidding! 5 hours in and I've already had to adjust it twice. So does gold chains = bling?

+1 on the OEM chain. Ive seen bicycle chains that are stronger....

Do some searching on a Regina ORN6 chain. Argueably the toughest chain you can put on a bike. Your sprockets will last forever..... well maybe not forever. I have a Regina on both my 450 and my KX500.

• johnny6speed

Posted May 26, 2011 - 05:42 PM

Went to my first track day today. Fatguy springs installed yesterday. Factory Connection recommended .53 fork springs and a 6.0 shock spring. I cant believe the difference. I notice it most when hard braking. No see-saw effect overloading the front tire. Sag set to 105mm, forgot to get a static sag reading.

No table tops cleared today, I floated the front wheel a bunch, had some flat landings at the end of a rhythm section. I had a BLAST on all long wide burmed corners, 2-3rd gear exiting is GREAT.

I learned so much even though my arm pump could only handle 3 laps at a time. I need to keep it basic and just remember, hold on with legs, elbows out, look ahead, and BREATHE.

Ordered the GYTR offroad flywheel this week should be here early next week. It can't come soon enough. Had one nasty flameout in some ruts right at the beginning of a small double. Had a minor tank slapper but no damage.:smirk: I put some Tusk bar risers on this morning also, that made standing for my 5'11ish frame much easier.

Looking forward to doing track days a few times a week if I can. In the meantime things are drying up around here and I'll be able to hit some snowmobile/atv trails behind my home.

:smirk:
Posted Image

• Polar_Bus

Posted May 27, 2011 - 03:34 AM

Went to my first track day today. Fatguy springs installed yesterday. Factory Connection recommended .53 fork springs and a 6.0 shock spring. I cant believe the difference. I notice it most when hard braking. No see-saw effect overloading the front tire. Sag set to 105mm, forgot to get a static sag reading.

No table tops cleared today, I floated the front wheel a bunch, had some flat landings at the end of a rhythm section. I had a BLAST on all long wide burmed corners, 2-3rd gear exiting is GREAT.

I learned so much even though my arm pump could only handle 3 laps at a time. I need to keep it basic and just remember, hold on with legs, elbows out, look ahead, and BREATHE.

Ordered the GYTR offroad flywheel this week should be here early next week. It can't come soon enough. Had one nasty flameout in some ruts right at the beginning of a small double. Had a minor tank slapper but no damage.:smirk: I put some Tusk bar risers on this morning also, that made standing for my 5'11ish frame much easier.

Looking forward to doing track days a few times a week if I can. In the meantime things are drying up around here and I'll be able to hit some snowmobile/atv trails behind my home.

:smirk:
Posted Image

I go up to Moosehead lake once a year in early september for a 4 day motorcycle rally and blaze all the legal snowmobile trails up at Kokadjo. Lets hook up and ride ! I need a reasonably fast riding partner ! Most all the guys at this rally are street riders.. :prof:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.