WR450F Water pump leak

23 replies to this topic
  • ONE FAST 450

Posted May 30, 2011 - 03:36 PM

im glad to have found this post my 05 wr just started to leek out of that little hole on the bottom side of the water pump, if its like milkey coolent (oil and coolent mixed togeter) should i be woried? or just replace both seals and refill both oil and coolent? (of corse check shaft and impeler for wear as well)

• Sknight

Posted May 30, 2011 - 05:09 PM

Check your oil and coolant, if both look fine then it's only mixing between the seals and is no worry. Be ready to replace the pump shaft and bearing as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ONE FAST 450

Posted May 30, 2011 - 07:43 PM

got it 10-4

• Jonbikes

Posted May 31, 2011 - 01:36 PM

Personally I think it's foolish to go in and not replace the oil seal while you are at it. The bearing and shaft are longer wearing items so it still makes sense to leave them if they are fine, but you should not be loosing enough oil through the oil seal to make any milkiness appear in the coolant. For the 5 bucks that the seal costs you may as well just do the oil side as well since its showing signs of failure in the near future.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.