I believe this pic speaks for itself...LMAO

Posted Image

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• yzernie

Posted May 14, 2001 - 01:48 PM

This is what the word was at the track after the great get off.....he and Hughs went to the top of the hill side by side and Hughs crowded Carmichael to the edge of the track. The track workers put the hay bales by the edge, (which is where he is falling down!!), and Carmichael hit one head on.

He came back up to 8th and was getting ready to pass Roncada for 7th when he went down again in the same place. The second time he did not roll over the edge of the hill.

Ferry rode great in both motos and if this is a sign of things to come, he will be a force in the outdoors. He kept Ricky honest in the second moto but I don't know if he had enough to pass even if he caught him.

yzernie

• Flying_Fynn

Posted May 14, 2001 - 03:36 PM

The fact that he was able to hop back on his bike after that nasty get-off and then charge from basically last place up to 8th was impressive. Watching him go through the pack was almost more interesting than what was going on up infront. He'd set up and pass two guys in turn like they were standing still (albeit these would've been lappers anyway).

Ferry was extremely fast as well and he was reeling in RC by 2 seconds a lap at end of the second moto. Another 3 laps and Ferry would have been withing striking distance. Why doesn't Yamaha provide him with the aluminum framed YZF450 like they're debuting in Europe. He could really benefit from the decreased weight against RC.

Makes me wonder, how RC would do on a YZF426 or CR450F?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaybird67k

Posted May 14, 2001 - 05:10 PM

Here is a kid that bleeds Green.
My son after compounding both bones in his lower arm last Saturday on his .080 over KX 65.
Without crying..........Damn he's tough.....
Nothing like his dad....LOL.

Posted Image

Jason
Beaumont,TX.

• motoman393

Posted May 14, 2001 - 05:31 PM

Yeah I saw that picture from the email you sent! That looks like it hurt. Is he gonna be alright? and how did he do it?

Garrett

------------------
I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

• jaybird67k

Posted May 15, 2001 - 04:39 AM

Yeah, he's gonna be fine.
We got to go today to get his permenant cast and get it re-x-rayed to see if it will require surgery to get it to heal properly.
He was jumping about 30-40 feet of a 80 foot table top, when he landed he was nose high and the front end slapped and the bike steered to one side.He accidedently pinned it wide open and it hooked and sent him high siding off the jumped for about a 15 foot fall pinned in 5th gear.
We have a partial VHS video of it.
My wife threw the camera down......of course.......LOL
I guess this throws that theory out the window to just gas it ...huh ?

Jason
Beaumont,TX

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.