YZ timing how to post.

4 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted August 21, 2003 - 07:36 PM

Just wondering if their is a YZ timing post that tells step by step(ok maybe not step-by-step but close) on this yz timing. And is it really all that, and worth doing to my WR450. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 21, 2003 - 07:57 PM

On the WR450 you need to buy a YZ450 exhaust cam $160.00 :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted August 22, 2003 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Indy. :)Do I need a intake cam?

• Indy_WR450

Posted August 22, 2003 - 07:09 PM

No the intake cams are the same. You will want to mod you air box to allow more air into it. Many here on this forum are putting 1" diameter holes with foam plugs in the side of the box. I prefer to open up the rear of the air box and keep the sides sealed to provide a higher pressure around the filter (like many High performance street bikes) :)

• Ronnie Mac

Posted August 24, 2003 - 06:30 PM

Thanks again Indy :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.