My 99 WR400F is gone...... :(

6 replies to this topic

Posted August 21, 2003 - 03:42 PM

I really never thought I would do it. But out of the blue a guy called me Tuesday night and said he wanted to buy it sight unseen. He said "a friend of a friend of a friend said I'd better jump on it".I wanted it to be purfect so I spent the last two days completely servicing everything so that he could enjoy it on day one as I have for the past 3 years. He arrived about an hour ago...Walked around it a couple of times, Fired it up went to the end of the block, loaded her up and handed me the cash. I'm gonna miss ol' blue.... She was the first "brand New" Bike I ever owned.

Atleast I still have my 99 YZ400F and my 02 YZ426F to put around on.....

The stable already looks bare....On the lighter side the guy is a SETRA member so I will probably run across Ol Blue at the races....

Bonzai :)

• Jekel

Posted August 21, 2003 - 04:57 PM

No matter how good the other bikes are, you always miss the bikes you sell :D Just hope you don't have to pass the bike at the races, could hurt concentration. Or worse yet, have it pass you :)

• MOmilkman

Posted August 21, 2003 - 06:37 PM

She's served you well Bill. Time to let her go.

Dont look back....

:D :) :D

No matter how good the other bikes are, you always miss the bikes you sell

I had a XR600. I cried when that thing got trailored off. Not because I was sad, but out of pure joy. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 22, 2003 - 05:31 AM

Hey Bonzai look at this way: Yesterday you received more money for "ole Blue" than you would receive a month from now, 3 mo's from now, 6mo's from now....they just keep losing value. That fact always negated the emotional viewpoint. So, is the rumor correct about you going Orange?????? :)

• jwriott

Posted August 22, 2003 - 06:50 AM

I'm wrestling with the same issue with my Vmax right now. I don't have time to ride 1 street bike, let alone this one and my sport bike. I'm going to get rid of it and buy something more for the family.

Hope I don't miss it too much. :)

• Stumpy

Posted August 22, 2003 - 09:36 AM

So, is the rumor correct about you going Orange?????? :)

He wasn't Orange last weekend.... :D

• holeshot426

Posted August 22, 2003 - 03:59 PM

What ever you do, dont let us blue folk down, never join the orange side!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.