Oregon Street Legal WR450F?

5 replies to this topic
  • RiverReaper

Posted May 15, 2011 - 03:38 PM

Has anyone here converted a WR450 to a street bike recently and is it legal. I've heard different stories but want to hear from someone that's actually done it. I really want a strictly street WR450 and am looking for some pointers.

• Sknight

Posted May 16, 2011 - 05:57 AM

Can't speak for Oregon but here's how I was going to round out my street stuff to bring mine to federal DOT standards.

Highway dirt bikes has this nifty switch setup that'll give you a turn signal switch, hi/low beam switch and horn button in a normal street bike setup. They also have the LED flashers.

I've found several sets of flush mount LED turn signals on ebay that are pretty cheap, the headlight bulb is already a hi/low beam and a replacement pigtail with the extra lead is under $10. I'm also going to put a pressure switch on the front brake to run the brake light, I already have one on the rear brake.

I've not decided on a horn yet but since there's not a lot of room I was going to run a small pancake style horn. Nothing fancy, just legal. Just borrow an existing bolt to mount it.

• KennyMc

Posted May 16, 2011 - 08:08 AM

Has anyone here converted a WR450 to a street bike recently and is it legal. I've heard different stories but want to hear from someone that's actually done it. I really want a strictly street WR450 and am looking for some pointers.

You should ask this question in the Northwest section. Each state is different. Ca stopped allowing conversion back in 2004:bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted May 16, 2011 - 03:14 PM

oregon stopped in 2005. washington will start in 2012.

• RiverReaper

Posted May 16, 2011 - 04:41 PM

oregon stopped in 2005. washington will start in 2012.

Damn.

• ZWR450

Posted May 17, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Anyone use these guys...they guarantee you can get plated.

dual sport guys dot com

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.