2003 WR 450 for dirt and street. Need help.

1 reply to this topic
  • Trimmaster

Posted May 15, 2011 - 02:42 PM

I just bought an 03 WR 450 and I'm wanting to use it for street riding and trail. Right now the bike is completely stock. What rims and tires would anyone recommend for the street? I'm not going to race it just ride to and from work. Then I want to throw on the factory knobby's and go trail riding. Looking for a relatively quick change. I think the factory brakes will do just fine for the type of Street use I'm wanting to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted May 15, 2011 - 02:59 PM

There are plenty of 50/50 to 90/10 street/dirt tires available for the stock 21" and 18" wheels, though my bike has seen lots of street miles on the 100% dirt knobbies. If you're looking for more performance, 17" supermoto wheels and tires are the way to go.
Either way, I'd go to a 15t sprocket up front and a 46 or 48t for the street wheels and a 50-52t sprocket for the dirt wheels.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.