WR426F Mods

11 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:14 PM

Is there a website that has the mods for the WR426F? Or anywhere where I can find out about the mods for my 02 WR426F.

Thanks

• ogrebelle

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:27 PM

You're already there. :) Do searches, tons of information already posted.
Doug

• Wicked_Crash

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:37 PM

Free Performance Mods you can do for a WR426:

cut throttle stop
remove airbox lid
uncork the exhaust
unplug the grey wire
YZ timing
ACV mod
BK mod
proper jetting (the best mod IMO)

It seems like I'm missing something :)

Do a search here on Thumper Talk for any of these mods to find out how to do them and if you can't find anything, ask away, one of us will guide you.

• holeshot426

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:52 PM

Englewood, always up to no good...

Hey Wicked, whats the BK mod?

• ogrebelle

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:55 PM

Check this out for all the info you need on the BK-mod.
www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB6&Number=506677&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=
Look for E.G.O.'s long post.
Doug

• holeshot426

Posted August 21, 2003 - 02:04 PM

Do you notice a difference when the BK mod is complete? What does it feel like? It sounds like a lot of work for a little problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted August 22, 2003 - 06:26 AM

You'll notice a huge difference. When stock, the accelerator pump will squirt for way too long. Mine was about 5 seconds I think. It should only squirt for less than 1 second. It will improve your throttle response by helping to greatly decrease the bog when you open the throttle. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn't. Just be careful when drilling and taping the hole so you don't break the tab.

• Fryboy

Posted August 22, 2003 - 06:48 AM

Is there a website that has the mods for the WR426F? Or anywhere where I can find out about the mods for my 02 WR426F.

Thanks

Nope! There aren't any mods for the '02 WR426. Sorry, wish we could help. Maybe you would have better luck looking for a 4 Stroke website? :D

Okay, I will help you, go to this this website : www.thumpertalk.com

Fryboy :)

• ogrebelle

Posted August 22, 2003 - 08:40 AM

Holeshot,
I agree with wicked, it's a great mod and super easy. Like he said just be careful with the drill and tap. Use the proper drill size and a drill press if possible to keep the pilot hole as tight as possible. This will make tapping go much nicer.
Doug

• gawarrior

Posted August 22, 2003 - 10:28 AM

What does the 03 cam mod do and what does it involve?

• SPUTTER

Posted August 22, 2003 - 10:34 AM

check out the YZ forum on the top of the first page - a huge thread on cam installation with links to info, instructions, etc.

• Pooley

Posted August 24, 2003 - 02:01 PM

2 more mods that I remember:

1. Light blue wire - helps make starting easier
2. Lincoln coil-over-plug mod, prettier than stock

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.