rev limiter too early

4 replies to this topic
  • gasgasser

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Picked up an 01 CR250 the other day that needs a clean up.

When it hits powerband the revs bounce like its hit a limiter too early. So far I checked the copression 165bls and cleaned the carb and jets out. Fired it up and its still doing it.

It's probably going to be a process of elimination but was wondering if it was something someone had seen before. Or just put what you'd look at next.

I have a fully working 99 cr250 I've just fixed up to borrow parts off too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tidtid

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

i don't think it has a rev limiter. sounds like the main jet is too big and it needs leaning out a few sizes. Try warming up the bike then make a long wide open run if it does not clean out try it again but drag the back brake some, if it is just alittle rich the extra load from dragging the brake will make enought heat to clean it out or just dop the main jet size and try it again. maybe a new plug also.

• 01cr80

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

are you warming it up?

• gasgasser

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

are you warming it up?

haha yeah, had a few bikes in my time so know about warming up 2strokes

• choppertown

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

2 strokes dont have a rev limiter...your probebly running out of gas in your bowl and its cutting out...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

1996 cr250 by RideHardOrDieHard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

Another pwk thread, 05 cr125, YZ pwk by zotis777

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

How long would a 2004 cr125 last? by Michaelthebeast

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

89CR250R - Stalls out when clutch is released (in first gear) by Rob_89

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

1995 rm80 by rohan1234

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   Suzuki 2-Stroke
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.