yzf 450 2010 running problem

25 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted May 17, 2011 - 10:12 AM

AFAIK, the tuner will pull codes. It may be, however that the diagnostic tool has the ability to run tests on the system that the tuner can't. That is certainly true of the tester I used on GM cars for many years. It was far more powerful than a simple code reader, although just knowing the code is sometimes all you need, as it was in this particular case.

• brentn

Posted May 17, 2011 - 03:35 PM

AFAIK, the tuner will pull codes. It may be, however that the diagnostic tool has the ability to run tests on the system that the tuner can't. That is certainly true of the tester I used on GM cars for many years. It was far more powerful than a simple code reader, although just knowing the code is sometimes all you need, as it was in this particular case.

neato, would love to see what this diagnostic tool looks like for the yammies and what it's capable of.

• RJacks

Posted May 17, 2011 - 05:13 PM

neato, would love to see what this diagnostic tool looks like for the yammies and what it's capable of.

I believe it is mentioned in the service manual that came with the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brentn

Posted May 17, 2011 - 06:25 PM

I believe it is mentioned in the service manual that came with the bike.

Posted Image

Your right, along with a part number. Looks pretty basic and also looks like it is used in quite a few other F.I. machines from yamaha. 200$

thanks for the tip, totally missed it.

• todds924

Posted May 17, 2011 - 11:36 PM

The tuner will pull codes btw, so essentially it is an FI diagnostic tool of sorts.

Todds, do you know of a diagnostic tool other than the tuner? Curious to know what's out there. thx.

That be the one. Yes I use it for the raptor quad..a couple scooters the yz and a coupl others.

• todds924

Posted May 17, 2011 - 11:41 PM

Correct and correct.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.