• jaddci

Posted May 14, 2011 - 03:40 AM

What should i expect!!! sold 06 450 bought 2011 450 riding tomorrow

• tomyz450

Posted May 14, 2011 - 03:52 AM

Lots of fun:lol::thumbsup::lol:

• YamaLink

Posted May 14, 2011 - 05:00 AM

Among other things a 5 year newer bike will be, it will turn a lot better after you set the boingers up, and the power delivery will feel "odd" until you learn to use the broad power to your advantage.

• yz450fcranker

Posted May 17, 2011 - 06:33 AM

It will be SWEET

• Dre88

Posted May 17, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Congrats on the awesome buy,I got one too (YZ450se)and I must say that it is wicked. Running the motor in is a little bit of a pain but it's all worth it. Power response is out of this world.

• motojase316

Posted May 18, 2011 - 03:35 AM

Happieness :smirk:

I had the 2006, It hated to turn and had a Brutish engine it was great in the day, but I am stoked with my 2011 YZ450F you will love yours.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted May 18, 2011 - 04:52 AM

Throttle response and turning will be the biggest difference. You will be initiating turns too soon if you ride it like the 06, the 10/11 are very willing turners. Front end low, rear high is another feeling you'll have to get used to. Great bike.

• motojase316

Posted May 19, 2011 - 04:01 AM

Throttle response and turning will be the biggest difference. You will be initiating turns too soon if you ride it like the 06, the 10/11 are very willing turners. Front end low, rear high is another feeling you'll have to get used to. Great bike.

Just ordered the Pro Circuit Linkage for mine to see if that sorts out the Stinkbug effect... Will see how that goes.

• THE-OG-694

Posted May 19, 2011 - 04:56 AM

Just ordered the Pro Circuit Linkage for mine to see if that sorts out the Stinkbug effect... Will see how that goes.

the PC linkage is a great investment...you wont belive how big a differance it makes

• motoman808

Posted May 19, 2011 - 07:02 AM

set your rear sag asap to make sure shock adjusting ring is not seized .you have 30 day warranty and yamaha will replace it.
have fun

• motoxpsych

Posted May 19, 2011 - 05:20 PM

Like everyone here has said, expect: 1. a new tight motorcycle. 2. MUCH better turning. 3. Good stock suspension. 4. An incredible low end hit from the motor that can be softened with the power tuner. 5. A very light feeling in the air (almost like a 250 2 stroke). The bike is heavier but doesnt feel like it.

• Merc1212

Posted May 20, 2011 - 05:53 AM

I went from an 06 to a '10, and same comments as others, biggest difference is cornering, soooo much better. Engine snap off bottom is very noticeable and makes exiting corners smoothly difficult. Do yourself a favour and remap to Jay Marmont - I haven't looked back. With the map it feels like a pumped up 06, rather than a totally different engine. It does run out of steam earlier, but you can lug it more. I also find it doesn't flame out as easily in the tight stuff. Front end feels lighter, rear suspension I really liked on the 06 and this one doesn't feel much different after being resprung for my weight. I don't feel quite as confident on really fast and rough sections, but it hasn't done anything scary. 2 part plastics aren't great from a durability stand point. I stopped expecting it to start first kick when cold, I just crank it slowly twice (I figure it creates some juice for the pump), then give it a good one and it always starts. Hot starting is a bit of an art - slightest amount of throttle does it for me.

But my god can it corner! 06 to this is night and day for cornering.

• blakers213

Posted May 20, 2011 - 06:36 PM

I think it is funny how fuel injection is the big rage, now yamaha has it and the first thing everybody says to do it remap so the big hit at low rpms is softened. I'll just keep my carburated 09 and yes it turns great.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.