Glen Helen amateur results

2 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 13, 2001 - 05:05 PM

Here are some results from Glen Helens amateur races. You will recognize some Thumpertalkers in the field...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • G-Man

Posted May 15, 2001 - 04:59 PM

Ok here I sit bruised and battered as the fog SLOWLY clears from my head from the Post GlenHelen Blues....

I won’t bore you with MORE details from Sunday other then the fact it was an awesome death defying track and racing as usual. As much as Jody Weisel gets bashed I must admit he makes a killer MOTOCROSS track.

On to the Glen Helen track crew for Amateur day racing. They made the sand section straight harder for the amateurs than the Pro’s!!! (What kind of sense is that?) This is what they did, (I heard from the announcer that day they did it intentionally): Dug 4 to 5 ft down flooded it with LOTS of water then put the sand back on top!!! You can imagine the results. There were no less then 10 to 12 DEEP ruts about 2ft. deep going every which way that made quite a spectacle, mostly for the fans that watched for the many crashes. I saw guy’s endoing in these nasty ruts and getting pummeled by their bikes. Talked with more then one racer who were disgusted and some said they would not be back as it was not fun. This is Motocross not the Blackwater 100 where off road guys expect that sort of stuff. The rest of the track was great; it’s just a shame someone had a serious mental deficiency when it comes to “Amateur Day” race prep. Even spoke with Radical Ron Turner who was parked next to us and he couldn’t believe they would do that.

I had a severely sprained ankle and woke up Sat morning to a very painful throbbing ankle. Of course I was signed up for two classes and there was no freaken way I could do four motos. Could not even stand on it and went to sign up to pull my entries, much to my dismay I was greeted by a “No Refunds sign”! Tried to give/trade my entries and blah blah blah…..

Went back to my pit (thank God for our pit bike!) and my buds were just heading out for practice, I was really bummed that I would not be joining them after so much time and $$ went into it. So then I just said to myself Fugggh it! I’m going racing with my buds even if I get smoked which I did! LOL So as I hurriedly put on my gear I had an ankle brace that made for even more PAIN as I forced my boot on my swollen foot!
I let out a scream and it was on!!!

Glad I did as in my race I had my longtime riding bud Jeff Arzouman in my sights and passed him with a stealth like move. Hehehehe That made my weekend and with my “steady” 17th place finish I beat him by one position! LOL

And yes, So. Cal is the “Land of Sandbaggers” as former ex-Pros are running in the Sr. Intermediate class, going real fast. What's up with that!!!

That’s it for now…..

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 15, 2001 - 07:48 PM

G, I figured something happened when I read the results on Sunday. Sorry to hear you got hurt. How did you rack up the ankle, practicing on Thursday or Friday? Glad I didn't call in all my kitchen passes to race in that sand pit, maybe next year though. Were there any other AZ OT'ers there? What happened to Lamastus? I saw Spud got 10th OA, that's cool. Sounded like Ferry was moving, that's even more cool, he really seems like a hard working good guy!

BTW, I have some painkiller left over from my foot injury if you need it.

Get well soon...

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.