The Search is Over and the Build Begins

8 replies to this topic
  • RockyMtnScotsman

Posted May 13, 2011 - 10:51 AM

After a much longer than planned search phase looking at WR's, KLX's, Husky's, and DRZ's I pulled the trigger on a 2006 WR450 a couple days ago. At under 300 miles she's barely broken in and bone stock including the gray wire still intact.

http://im1.shutterfl.../rx=720/ry=480/

Plans for the bike include radiator guards, hand guards, skid plate, JD jetting, AIS removal, and of course the free mods. I also plan to plate it which is fairly simple in Colorado.

After doing my basic research for selecting a particular bike the really detailed reading begins.

Thanks for all the help past and yet to come!

• kawi380

Posted May 13, 2011 - 10:59 AM

Welcome. Good looking bike.:thumbsup:

• MANIAC998

Posted May 14, 2011 - 02:59 AM

Looks just like how I found mine! Lots of great people, and information on here! You & your bike will do well.

Open up the airbox
Open up the muffler
And jet accordingly!

Maniac

Attached Thumbnails

• '06 WR 450F.jpg

• 2006wr450f

Posted May 14, 2011 - 05:56 AM

Nice find..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted May 15, 2011 - 08:38 AM

Clean! Bet your stoked!

• Ivan Krashn

Posted May 15, 2011 - 03:06 PM

Great looking '06! Bought mine new in '06. Done quite a few mods. If I had it to do over I would have spent money on the suspension first. My advice - call Dave J @ Smart Performance and have him whip up a Phase 4 kit front and rear for you. Best single thing I did for mine. Congrats on your excellent purchase.:thumbsup:

• swolf

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:07 PM

Nice! I found a low mileage 06WR450 last year and did the same mods, plated it, case saver, rear spring, yamalink and fork bleeders. next is sending the front suspension out locally here in the denver area. Stillwell most likely if they work on Yamaha stuff.

• Summit

Posted May 16, 2011 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, nice bike. Do the stuff you said plus a pipe. The pipe really woke mine up.

• 1talbotj

Posted May 16, 2011 - 08:27 AM

i frankensteined mine...my only problem is hanging on...look in my garage...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.