Fork Seals

7 replies to this topic
  • newman450

Posted May 12, 2011 - 09:45 PM

I am replacing the fork seals on my WR450F. The manual says that once the first seal is off you should be able to work the inner tube in and out until the second seal comes out but its not budging. Anyone know how to get it out without scratching the inner tube?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

• MXandSXracer21

Posted May 12, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Did you pull out the round clip that is between the oil seal and the dust seal?

• newman450

Posted May 12, 2011 - 09:56 PM

Yep, I can see the second seal sitting about 1/4 or 3/8 inches in there.

• MXandSXracer21

Posted May 12, 2011 - 10:01 PM

You will have to pull the fork leg and the upper fork tube apart to get the bushings to break free. They should come apart after a couple swift pulls.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • newman450

Posted May 12, 2011 - 10:19 PM

Got it, thanks.

• MXandSXracer21

Posted May 12, 2011 - 10:32 PM

No problem!

• newman450

Posted May 13, 2011 - 08:05 AM

I hate cracking into stuff I know nothing about but that wasnt so bad. First one took a couple hours, second one was like 20 minutes. Isnt that always the way.

In case it helps someone else down the road I also found these YouTube videos linked from RockyMountainMC.com. I remembered when I was ordering the seals I saw the videos linked from the product page. Went back and reviewed things and it really helped answer some of the unknowns.

Pete

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted May 13, 2011 - 08:26 AM

In case it helps someone else down the road I also found these YouTube videos linked from RockyMountainMC.com. I remembered when I was ordering the seals I saw the videos linked from the product page. Went back and reviewed things and it really helped answer some of the unknowns.

Yup, those are extremely helpful :thumbsup: :confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.