radiators wr400f

4 replies to this topic
  • tsorpi

Posted May 11, 2011 - 09:02 AM

Are the wr426f radiators better than the wr400f? Do they have better cooling effects and do they hold more cooland? Is it worth exchanging a wr400f with a wr426f radiator? And last question, do the wr426f oem radiator white plastic guards fit the wr400f radiator? Thanks alot for the help i hope you provide me!!

• tsorpi

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:42 AM

can anyone help pls???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted May 15, 2011 - 09:50 AM

Don't know if they are bigger...but I do know they aren't the same. The angle of the tab that the shrouds attach to is different from 400s to 426s, so if you are going to run 426 radiators, you will need 426 shrouds.

Why do you ask? Having cooling problems? Chances are it's not th radiators, but more likely something else. Mangled yours and need to replace them? Try sending them to Myler's in Utah. You'd be amazed what they can fix quickly and cheaply. Built your motor and want extra cooling? Fluidynes are a bit more pricey than new OEM, and there are several chinese knock offs available on Flea Bay for anywhere from $125 to $250 a pair. I have a set, and thought they required a bit of "finessing" on installation, they appear to be working fine and are noticably larger cores that stock.

• tsorpi

Posted May 17, 2011 - 11:19 AM

you were right i built the motor and i want to have more cooling...and i like the 426 white plastic guards...:smirk:

• Birdy426

Posted May 17, 2011 - 09:39 PM

you were right i built the motor and i want to have more cooling...and i like the 426 white plastic guards...:smirk:

Fluidyne or Forged Racing on eBay look to be your best bet for added capacity. As stated above, I have a set of the cheaper Chinese radiators on my 444, and while I am happy with the performance, the fit required a bit of tweaking of the inlet and outlet pipes and the frame required some trimming to fit my DeVol radiator guards. The Forged Racing units look like they will be a better fin than the real cheap radaitors, at about 1/2 the cost of Fluidynes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.