best exhaust system for 2001 yz 426

3 replies to this topic
  • 01_426_pilot

Posted May 12, 2001 - 04:10 PM

i'm interested to know if anybody has changed the stock system and gained considerable performance. please pass on your suggestions/experiences.

thanks
tim

• EMARacing

Posted May 13, 2001 - 04:38 AM

Just keep your stock exhaust and take that $400+ and put it towards the suspension. You will be MUCH happier, and MUCH faster than you would be changing the exhaust.

------------------
John E. Walker

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EMARacing

Posted May 13, 2001 - 04:40 AM

But if you do decide to get a new exhaust, I'll buy the '01 stock header from you. E-mail me if you are interested.

------------------
John E. Walker

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 13, 2001 - 09:18 PM

I have done my suspension and put a pro-meg aluminum without and disks in place and have been very happy with the throttle response. The only jetting changes were to raise the clip one on the needle. Good luck.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.