2000 WR400F Rebuild - Process Pictures.

214 replies to this topic
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 31, 2011 - 07:34 AM

Sounds like you could be in need of a valve adjustment.

It could be...

I am going to try and fire it up again on tuesday and see if she likes me again. I will try the above method of 2 twists, choke on and kick. That is the method that worked for me the first start but wouldn't go again on the try later in the day.

On another note, to all of you that were crossing fingers, i'm pretty sure it was you guys. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the help and encouragement.

• byggd

Posted July 31, 2011 - 08:00 AM

She started!!!!!

Hell yes! Congrats bro! Now don't let Corona's finest catch you and impound your baby! :smirk:

• b3hr3ns

Posted July 31, 2011 - 09:47 AM

No problem. It just makes me happy to see something like this.

• rkwfxd1

Posted July 31, 2011 - 08:41 PM

Very VERY VERY cool build. If I were dead I would be honored to have a friend like you do a build like that on my WR.:smirk::thumbsup:

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 02, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Good news!

She fired up 2nd kick today and went for a quick spin. I let it cool and she fired up again! She looks like she likes to run finally!

The BD kit is still a no go as of now, I took a quick video of the wiring I have done and am going to share it with them in the morning in hopes that they can lend a hand with the issues.

Other than that, I have a few odds and ends to tie up and then it's time to get her plated and out in the dirt!!!

Once completed, I am going to do a photo shoot in our studio and will be sure to share them!

If anyone is interested in the Memorial Build's first trip out to Ocotillo! I'm more than happy to post details and such!

• Derwud

Posted August 02, 2011 - 08:07 PM

Very Cool!!!

• anoldsman

Posted August 03, 2011 - 06:57 AM

Very Cool!!! This is a great idea to remember your friend. I hope that I have have friends like you if anything happened to me.

• xgames58

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:07 AM

now u need to get some custom graphics with your friends name and stuff and a picture of something that really represents him

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:11 AM

now u need to get some custom graphics with your friends name and stuff and a picture of something that really represents him

That is my plan. I am planning on using a plotter to do some designs and put his passing date on the number plates. This is a T-Shirt we had made for him in the past and I hope to have it somewhere on the bike...

Posted Image

• xgames58

Posted August 03, 2011 - 11:42 AM

with just the picture of his body and it saying big sexy would look amazing at the front tip of the front fender

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 03, 2011 - 04:46 PM

We've got light!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

HUGE thanks to Ryan and Diego at Baja Designs for the help on getting it all figured out! They have obtained a customer for life.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 03, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Very Cool!!! This is a great idea to remember your friend. I hope that I have have friends like you if anything happened to me.

Thanks dude. I feel like it was the least to do for a best friend... Thanks for the words.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 04, 2011 - 06:31 AM

We've got light!!!

I think its time :eek:

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 04, 2011 - 07:13 AM

I think its time :smirk:

Couldn't agree more! Going to tidy up the wiring today and put the tank and seat back on. Hoping for a quick spin this evening! :eek:

I am thinking about taking the bike up to Lucerne next weekend for the Memorial for the Night Race that occured last year. I was there and was literally standing in a truck bed right across from where the incident occured, saw some stuff that I never wanted to see but I would like to pay my respects and it seems like a good opportunity to get the bike dirty for the first time...

• Baja Designs

Posted August 04, 2011 - 03:47 PM

I think its time :eek:

Aaron Aaron you're killer me Homer!! :smirk:

Diego Land

• Baja Designs

Posted August 04, 2011 - 03:58 PM

We've got light!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

HUGE thanks to Ryan and Diego at Baja Designs for the help on getting it all figured out! They have obtained a customer for life.

Andy the bike the build looks good. Glad you got you're kit working. Thanks for kudos for Ryan and Myself.. :banana: :eek: :worthy: :smirk:

Diego Land

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 05, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Well. Here she is...

Minus a couple small things, she is done and running great. I can't believe I am finally saying those words. It's been a long few months and the money spent seems like pennies to the pride I feel knowing that my best buddy can ride on...

In Loving Memory of Robert "Big Sexy" Kennedy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Big thanks to everyone that helped out with this build. Tucker Rocky, Inland Powder Coating, IMS, JD Jetting, Baja Designs, Temecula Cycles, Beard Seats, Motosport, Corona Motorsports, Myler Radiators, Pro Armor and to girlfriend, co-workers and friends for the support and help along the way. I also want to say thank you to all of you that helped, posted a word of encouragement, or checked out my build. So, thank you.

She fires up first kick, every time, and purrs like a baby kitten/lion. I fired her up today and took her for a short spin, by short, I have to say that it was planned short but ended up that way. :eek:

Check out the video link below, this is a cold start and run with her interrupted by some black and white. :smirk:

http://www.vimeo.com/27362838

• redswr

Posted August 06, 2011 - 11:47 AM

If anyone is interested in the Memorial Build's first trip out to Ocotillo! I'm more than happy to post details and such!

I've never been down there but would love to make it down for this... what dates are you thinking? i'll hopefully have my 99 up and going by then, still gotta get rid of my 07 though.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 08, 2011 - 06:08 AM

We've got light!!!

Posted Image

Diego I want to see this on your website. Its a GREAT picture!

Andy Ill reply to your email today.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted August 08, 2011 - 06:13 AM

Nice build the bike looks awesome! I really like the white/ black and the plain look without graphics.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.