2000 WR400F Rebuild - Process Pictures.

214 replies to this topic
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 20, 2011 - 09:39 AM

lookin awesome man! someone buy my 07 so i can make my 99 look this good! lol...

Thank you man! I really appreciate it!

I made the mistake of adding up the cost of this build so far. :smirk::p

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 20, 2011 - 09:55 AM

I made the mistake of adding up the cost of this build so far. :smirk::(

:lol: Its ok :p

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 20, 2011 - 09:58 AM

:p Its ok :smirk:

I agree! Once I stepped back and realized that this bike will be in my family forever, it made that hurt all better.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 20, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Big thanks to Diego at Baja Designs for the super quick shipment!

Posted Image

• AmnWatkins

Posted July 20, 2011 - 01:30 PM

Man thats a sexy bike. Storm troopered out. I wouldn't want to ride it for fear of it getting dirty and scratched. Jib well done thus far, can't wait to see the final product. You need to do a before and after post.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 21, 2011 - 04:37 PM

Final days.

I am in high hopes of firing her off for the first time inher rebuilt state tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers...

Posted Image

Recently completed - Baja Designs, finishe drive, controls and went through the bike and snugged it all up.

• mjslim

Posted July 21, 2011 - 04:59 PM

Looks good man. With that color scheme you should slap some CA CHP logos on the radiator shrouds. Instant CA legal dual sport - no one will mess with you :smirk:

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 21, 2011 - 05:10 PM

Looks good man. With that color scheme you should slap some CA CHP logos on the radiator shrouds. Instant CA legal dual sport - no one will mess with you :smirk:

LOL! Why does that make so much sense in my mind?

• mjslim

Posted July 21, 2011 - 05:53 PM

Just borrow that flashing blue light (in the pic background above the bike next to the "ATTENTION" sign) and mount that bad boy on the rear fender. We'll call you "Ponch".

(You may have to google that reference if you're not an old fart...........)

• MANIAC998

Posted July 21, 2011 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, and then you can share a jail cell with someone that did the exact same thing. And lo & behold, his name IS Bubba!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjslim

Posted July 21, 2011 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, and then you can share a jail cell with someone that did the exact same thing. And lo & behold, his name IS Bubba!!!

Dohh!
Before they throw you in the pokey you would have to pull out your fake badge and declare,

"By the power vested in me, I hereby release myself under my own recognizance. I'm letting me off with a just a warning, just this once."

Might work.......

• redswr

Posted July 21, 2011 - 08:34 PM

i'm actually really digging the baja designs headlight... usually i don't like them but it looks really good on your bike

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 22, 2011 - 08:16 AM

i'm actually really digging the baja designs headlight... usually i don't like them but it looks really good on your bike

Thanks dude! I am really happy with the kit as a whole. Looks good and excited to see them light up.

Got the side number plates coming in today so I'm going to take a few days off and hoping to fire her up Monday afternoon with a cold beer in my hand...

• byggd

Posted July 22, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Final days.

I am in high hopes of firing her off for the first time inher rebuilt state tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers...

Posted Image

Recently completed - Baja Designs, finishe drive, controls and went through the bike and snugged it all up.

Looking sweet! Still waiting for the rear plastics?

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 22, 2011 - 02:55 PM

Looking sweet! Still waiting for the rear plastics?

Yup! Picking them up today actually!

• zlathim

Posted July 23, 2011 - 07:42 PM

That bike just keeps looking better and better! Thanks for posting all of the progress pictures and sharing your project with us. Somewhere up above, you buddy is looking down on that bike with a huge grin on his face.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:57 AM

That bike just keeps looking better and better! Thanks for posting all of the progress pictures and sharing your project with us. Somewhere up above, you buddy is looking down on that bike with a huge grin on his face.

Thank you so much for the kind words man. That really meant a lot and honestly is all that I hope to accomplish in this build.

His father and I, as well as some friends, built a memorial in the Mud Hills of Ocotillo and that will be this bikes first voyage. Seems only fitting...

On another note, fuel, boots and oil are here and going in the bike today. Crossing everything that she fires right up...

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Well.

I got it outside... Kicked my ass off for a solid 30 minutes and rolled it back inside.

Not sure why she didn't want to fire up today but if anyone has any suggestions, I won't disregard them. I am planning on checking spark tomorrow and also taking the oil that was put in today back out because of all the powder coat and such.

Does anyone know the stock settings for air/fuel screw and for the idle knob?

Anyways, besides her being a little juto to start, she does sure look pretty. Finally got the rest of the plastics in and installed. Hope you all enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• redswr

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:35 PM

:p awesome man... hope you can get her fired up tomorrow, i'll cross everything here too! :smirk:

• The Hopper Show

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:36 PM

put gas in her :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.