2000 WR400F Rebuild - Process Pictures.

214 replies to this topic
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 06, 2011 - 09:13 PM

No pics from today.

Got a new decompression cable ran and adjusted, new brake lever installed and also got the new JT steel sprocket on the rear hub.

Ran into some discouraging issues that cut the day ahort but going to try and get more movement as soon as I can.

More parts and the seat is due back from Beard this week.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 07, 2011 - 06:21 AM

Got a new decompression cable ran and adjusted,

Have you though about the upgraded 03+ exhaust cam with the auto decomp built in?!

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 07, 2011 - 07:10 AM

I haven't really. I am still learning about these 400's and didn't want to add more mayhem to my mix.

What is involved with that swap? And/or where do you go about finding one?

• GCannon

Posted July 07, 2011 - 07:42 AM

I haven't really. I am still learning about these 400's and didn't want to add more mayhem to my mix.

All you need to do is install this:
http://www.hotcamsin...spx?item_id=536

This will be one of if not the best mod you could possibly do!
Trust me!

• GCannon

Posted July 07, 2011 - 07:44 AM

All you need is the exhaust cam the above add is vague about possibly getting both cams

• zlathim

Posted July 07, 2011 - 10:29 AM

Nice work, the bike looks absolutely beautiful!

Any particular reason you used the blue chain slider, guides, and roller? I'm guessing that it is because they are only offered in blue, but just thought I'd ask.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 07, 2011 - 11:34 AM

All you need is the exhaust cam the above add is vague about possibly getting both cams

Thanks for the info! I will look into this once my poor bank account settles down from this build and the bike is riding once again...

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 07, 2011 - 11:35 AM

Nice work, the bike looks absolutely beautiful!

Any particular reason you used the blue chain slider, guides, and roller? I'm guessing that it is because they are only offered in blue, but just thought I'd ask.

For the reason you said. I was actually bummed they didn't have black at first but once they were on, I actually dig the slight hints of blue. I'm going to add a few accents to the front just to tie it all together as well.

Thanks for the compliment!

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 08, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Big thanks to Beard Seats for the new styling!

Posted Image

• Ish02

Posted July 08, 2011 - 11:55 AM

Good craftsmanship! How much was it for the seat? I am short rider and need a shaved seat and also like how yours turned out.

I will follow your guide for my YZ250F rebuild!! Keep us updated as i am sure there are a few people subscribed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 08, 2011 - 01:58 PM

Here is the write-up. I did my 02 with no regrets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 13, 2011 - 09:09 AM

Ran the coolant lines to the resevoir and buttoned up some more loose ends as far as bolts and such.

Got two more orders coming in this week and next week so I'm hoping that with those two, this thing should be damn near done!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting more and more of a feel of what she is gonna look like. I like it.

Posted Image

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 18, 2011 - 02:09 PM

Finally my new presents arrived! Time to get going on the finale!

Posted Image

Posted Image

• byggd

Posted July 18, 2011 - 02:43 PM

FMF Q Series? Nice! What's that in the second pic with the orange label?

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 18, 2011 - 02:52 PM

FMF Q Series? Nice! What's that in the second pic with the orange label?

Moose Skid! Cha!

• MANIAC998

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:51 PM

Lookin' good! Now we're getting close!!! Maniac

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 19, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Super pumped on today's progress. It really helps when parts actually show up! Haha

Moose Skid Plate installed and all bar controls are done and dialed in.

Posted Image

JT Steel sprockets and Renthal O Ring cut and installed. If anyone has an easy hint on how to loosen the front sprocket, I won't be mad to hear them. :smirk:

Posted Image

FMF Q4 installed to the FMF Powerbomb header

Posted Image

A few more...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• redswr

Posted July 19, 2011 - 08:50 PM

lookin awesome man! someone buy my 07 so i can make my 99 look this good! lol...

• MANIAC998

Posted July 20, 2011 - 04:23 AM

Do you mean that you can't remove the nut? Or the actual sprocket? With the chain attached, hold down the rear brake pedal and use a large ratchet/socket to loosen the nut. If it's the sprocket, just tap the top then the bottom, alternating each time, and you should be able to walk it off. Maniac

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted July 20, 2011 - 07:03 AM

Do you mean that you can't remove the nut? Or the actual sprocket? With the chain attached, hold down the rear brake pedal and use a large ratchet/socket to loosen the nut. If it's the sprocket, just tap the top then the bottom, alternating each time, and you should be able to walk it off. Maniac

I was referring to the nut. That thing is ON there.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.