2000 WR400F Rebuild - Process Pictures.

214 replies to this topic
  • LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 08, 2011 - 06:49 AM

Nice build the bike looks awesome! I really like the white/ black and the plain look without graphics.

Thank you very much. I am going to design some graphics but nothing like most bikes, just very clean and non flashy, it will look very similar to what it does now.

Very stoked for the end to become near, now if this weather would cool down! I want to go ride it!

• 02WR426Cali

Posted August 08, 2011 - 09:33 PM

Heck yeah that is going to be a really fun bike!

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 09, 2011 - 07:08 AM

I hope so!

Anyone have any recommendations for the clicks on the good ol' suspension?

I'm 6'0" and about 185 LBS. Looking for a comfortable ride at first before I learn the bike and start getting more aggressive and riding off the front.

• byggd

Posted August 09, 2011 - 08:36 AM

I would start with what ever the manual recommends. Those bike were built for a rider about your weight. Then make changes to fit your riding style. If you dont have one you can get it free here....

http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 09, 2011 - 10:06 AM

Where is that info in the manual? I can't find it...

• byggd

Posted August 09, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Look in the "Regular Inspection and Adjustments" section. Pages 3-35 through 3-41.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted August 20, 2011 - 06:51 AM

Well, small update, The bike is literally good to go and I can't wait to get it out in the dirt. Been checking the weather every week hoping for a cold front to swoop in so I can load it up and head to Ocotillo but nothing yet on the horizon.

Bike started first kick yesterday and the plating process is going underway!:eek:

• 02WR426Cali

Posted August 20, 2011 - 08:50 PM

I would start at 10 clicks out from all the way in on all the clickers. There is clickers on top of the forks (rebound), bottom of forks (compression), bottom of shock (rebound), top of shock (low speed compression for the clicker), top of shock (high speed compression, red hex nut).
Use 10 clicks out for all the clickers and go from there making small adjustments as needed.
For the red hex nut start in the middle, I think it only has 3 full turns

• SXP

Posted August 20, 2011 - 09:30 PM

I would start at 10 clicks out from all the way in on all the clickers. There is clickers on top of the forks (rebound), bottom of forks (compression), bottom of shock (rebound), top of shock (low speed compression for the clicker), top of shock (high speed compression, red hex nut).
Use 10 clicks out for all the clickers and go from there making small adjustments as needed.
For the red hex nut start in the middle, I think it only has 3 full turns

No high speed comp adjuster on the 99 shock.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted August 22, 2011 - 06:24 AM

No high speed comp adjuster on the 99 shock.

Oh ok yeah I wasn't sure if they had them before 01ish but figured I would mention it anyway. Isn't the bike a 00?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ArcticWR400

Posted August 22, 2011 - 11:31 AM

Isn't the bike a 00?

Same thing. 98-00 identical I believe...

• ZéPovinho

Posted August 22, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Same thing. 98-00 identical I believe...

Don't know about the US version but the '00 had the small YZ tank, the aluminium radiators, and the choke and hot start knobs inserted on the carburator

• ArcticWR400

Posted August 23, 2011 - 01:14 PM

Don't know about the US version but the '00 had the small YZ tank, the aluminium radiators, and the choke and hot start knobs inserted on the carburator

I have a '99 and it has choke and hot-start on the carb... Canadian model I think (or US... same? North American Model perhaps?) So the Can / US / North American model may have been different than what was available to you in portugal. Anyone else know for sure?

not sure if the rads are aluminum but they certainly appear to be, and the tank is a 3.3 IMS aftermarket with YZF shrouds now, and it came to me that way so I have no clue which tank came on it originally, however i doubt it would have been the same as the YZF because the shrouds are different on the 99s between the YZF and the WRF, I think... Again... any others able to confirm this?

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted September 21, 2011 - 08:19 AM

Still waiting for this damn weather to clear so I can take her out to Ocotillo and break her in! Someone turn the AC on!!! :smashpc:

• ArcticWR400

Posted September 22, 2011 - 10:05 AM

Still waiting for this damn weather to clear so I can take her out to Ocotillo and break her in! Someone turn the AC on!!! :smashpc:

Thats funny. You wait for cooler days to go riding. I wait for warmer ones. :thumbsup:
Let us know how it goes... I would have thought you woulda had her all broken in by now. I'm eager to hear how it goes, well worth the work im sure. Post results please!!!

• redswr

Posted September 23, 2011 - 10:08 PM

Still waiting for this damn weather to clear so I can take her out to Ocotillo and break her in! Someone turn the AC on!!! :thumbsup:

just got done raining up here but it's still hot! Got my 99 project coming a long too finally! :smashpc:

• crash279

Posted September 24, 2011 - 09:03 PM

Very nice!

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted September 27, 2011 - 12:34 PM

Alright, I don't think I can take the waiting anymore...

May be breaking her in this weekend in Barstow... :smashpc:

• zlathim

Posted September 27, 2011 - 01:48 PM

Hey Nancy-- Ship that bike up to me, I'll ride the hell out of it, hot weather or not!

LOL- Just kidding, I hope you get a chance to put it to good use soon.

• LIVETOSHRED

Posted September 30, 2011 - 07:35 AM

T-Minus 2 days until her Maiden Voyage!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.