PAJ what does it do?

4 replies to this topic
  • wrwest

Posted May 11, 2011 - 05:49 AM

I removed the blue white wire from the cdi . my pj circuit is set as recomended but the bike only starts after a full twist of the throttle before the start button is pressed with the hot start lever pulled. What am I missing?

Will fitting a larger PAJ improve my starting? I got a 110 with the Gytr ais kit

Do I need to fit a bigger starter jet stock is 65 on my bike 09 WR 450

Edited by wrwest, May 11, 2011 - 06:20 AM.

• SXP

Posted May 11, 2011 - 06:28 AM

I removed the blue white wire from the cdi . my pj circuit is set as recomended but the bike only starts after a full twist of the throttle before the start button is pressed with the hot start lever pulled. What am I missing?

Will fitting a larger PAJ improve my starting? I got a 110 with the Gytr ais kit

Do I need to fit a bigger starter jet stock is 65 on my bike 09 WR 450

Try this before you start changing jets: You want the slide to be raised a little more then it's idle position while the e-start is pressed. So, gather in the throttle cable slack and THEN twist the throttle just a tad more and HOLD it there while you press the e-start button. You would think this is the same as using the hotstart, but the cracked open throttle works almost all the time on my bike, while the hotstart seems to be a hit or miss thing.

Give it a shot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrwest

Posted May 11, 2011 - 09:37 AM

Ja the hit and mis explenation is about right! Will try that , thanks. It bugs me that the e start on the WR 450 is so tempremental. When i kick it it allways start 1 st to second kick! I came down from a 50 PJ to a 45 PJ with no apparent improvement in starting on the e start. kick was the same on both PJ's

• MANIAC998

Posted May 12, 2011 - 03:54 AM

You guys are aware that using the e-start, the sparkplug will only fire after at least one complete revolution of the crank, whereas using the kickstarter the sparkplug will fire every time the engine gets to TDC. Maniac

• SXP

Posted May 12, 2011 - 05:17 AM

You guys are aware that using the e-start, the sparkplug will only fire after at least one complete revolution of the crank, whereas using the kickstarter the sparkplug will fire every time the engine gets to TDC. Maniac

He's done the B/W wire mod. First post.....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.