WR426F Grey wire mod and jetting?

4 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted August 20, 2003 - 12:17 PM

I have already taken off the airbox lid. Will take out the spark arrestor when I am not in National Forests etc. I am considering doing the grey wire mod. But I do not know much about rejetting the carb. If I do the grey wire mod will I need to do any rejetting or can I leave it with the stock setup? I am afraid to start messing with the carbs because I may screw it up and not get it back right. If I have to reject I may not do the grey wire mod on my 02 WR426F

Thanks for the help

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted August 20, 2003 - 12:51 PM

You don't need to rejet if you do the gray wire mod. Good luck taking out the spark arrestor. It's welded to the muffler endcap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gawarrior

Posted August 20, 2003 - 12:56 PM

The spark arrestor in mine just has a small bolt holding it in. Take the bolt out and the spark arrestor pulls right out.

• WRSTEVE

Posted August 20, 2003 - 02:19 PM

The spark arrestor in mine just has a small bolt holding it in. Take the bolt out and the spark arrestor pulls right out.

You are talking about the baffle, not the spark arrester :D

To take out the spark arrester, you would remove the 3 bolts on the end of the muffler :)

• gawarrior

Posted August 21, 2003 - 12:12 PM

Oh, my bad. I guess then to take out the spark arrestor it is welded in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.