Smoked On Startup At My Race Sat Night

No replies to this topic
  • rickybobby2189

Posted May 09, 2011 - 07:13 AM

I have a 99 yz400f and went to my first race(on the yz) and made my practice run and then went to fire it up for my first moto it smoked like a train for a few long seconds.My problem is I cannot get it to do it again. I have searched this problem and like in automotive the valve seats start to leak.The thing that confuses me is I cant get it to do it again...Do you all more knowledgeable people agree that the problem lies in the valve seals or seats? I have more know how to the 2-stroke scene and have never really messed with valves. My manual states that I need a few tools to do a valve job. I am kinda in the dark on this one I just hope it is the seals leaking off a little oil into my jug. If it helps I have already checked oil for water and water for oil and all is clean. Can someone help me find my culprit? If I know for sure that is what it is then Im pretty sure I can handle doing the work. Someone with some know how PLEASE HELP...It scares the life out of me seeing it smoke the other night and would love to get this fixed :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.