Why am I so Paranoid?

51 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted May 10, 2011 - 09:39 AM

If I had an '08 or '09, and I couldn't find an '06 CDI without having to pay $250+ for it, yeah, I'd probably go for the Vortex, or something similar. Multiple maps would be a cool feature sometimes.

On the oil, it's real simple: Oil & Filter, 1 LITER; oil w/out filter, 1 QUART

I've tried TT on an iPod, and unless you can use something like a stylus from an old Palm Pilot, I'd give up on it. Too many links all over the page...:thumbsup:

• rcdude33

Posted May 10, 2011 - 10:37 AM

Could the vortex give that low end hit that 06 will give me?

• grayracer513

Posted May 10, 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it can, yes.

• rcdude33

Posted May 10, 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm pretty sure it can, yes.

Awesome!!!!

Also i took the bike out today and man for have a pretty worn stock rear tire she was hooking up!!!!!!

But whats a good woods tire? I usually ran perellis but are there any other good woods tires for mud and stuff?

• WB450

Posted May 11, 2011 - 07:48 AM

I like the IMS 3.1 for the woods, heavy GYTR flywheel, Rekluse Pro, 51T rear sprocket. I have been using Dunlop D952's, they seem to work pretty good.

The Zip-Ty carb mod was the best $100 I've spent on my bike.

• rcdude33

Posted May 11, 2011 - 07:59 AM

Yeah for next ear I wNt the rekluse, I think it makes woods riding much easier and it doesn't wear you out.

But now how much ur clutch run? Also how do yo like it?

• WB450

Posted May 11, 2011 - 08:11 AM

Yeah for next ear I wNt the rekluse, I think it makes woods riding much easier and it doesn't wear you out.

But now how much ur clutch run? Also how do yo like it?

$550.00 for the clutch, but Rekluse is just a few blocks away.

I love it.

• rcdude33

Posted May 11, 2011 - 08:27 AM

Wow you are so lucky!!!!!!!!

Also is the ims have a better fuel capacity then stock? Do yo get a lot more rode time? Because I'm going to be racing awrcs soon and I want to be prepared

• grayracer513

Posted May 11, 2011 - 08:30 AM

When you get the money for the clutch together, go to the classifieds and subscribe to the Yamaha Parts category. There have been a few Rekluse clutches go through there. I got my Z-Start Pro used from a TT Member, and it's made riding the tight stuff a lot simpler. I only paid $350 for it, and got it with the original box and all the instructions. Rekluse keeps the installation, tuning, and tuning manuals online at their web site.

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 11, 2011 - 09:11 AM

I like the IMS 3.1 for the woods, heavy GYTR flywheel, Rekluse Pro, 51T rear sprocket. I have been using Dunlop D952's, they seem to work pretty good.

The Zip-Ty carb mod was the best $100 I've spent on my bike.

WB's got a great set-up here :thumbsup:
With my 07 I run MX31's and 51's, ZipTy mod+R&D bowl+alum bearing throttle, ZipTy coolant, Scotts damper, 06 CDI, 06 full Hinson clutch, FMF Megabomb/Q4Ti, Tag Metals 13/50, Regina O-ring, Smart Performance suspension work (heavier springs, stock clicker settings +/- a few clicks depending on where I'm riding, I'm 6'3" 200lbs)...Breather hose reroute...No flywheel weight...This set-up is perfect for me as I don't do a lot of forest type single track...More mountainous desert, sand dunes, and occasional track days...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted May 11, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Wow you are so lucky!!!!!!!!

Also is the ims have a better fuel capacity then stock? Do yo get a lot more rode time? Because I'm going to be racing awrcs soon and I want to be prepared

Ya the IMS 3.1 has 3.1 gal of fuel, stock on my 07 is 1.8. On a normal ride day with my slower buddy I think I'm good for 80 miles pretty easy..

I also run a Regina O-ring and did the breather hose mod.

• rcdude33

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Now whats the reroute for the breather hose? How come some people do that?

• WB450

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:05 PM

Now whats the reroute for the breather hose? How come some people do that?

http://www.thumperta...651#post4054651

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=706602

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 11, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Rerouting the breather hose to the airbox eliminates the small possibility of anything being sucked up by it...Only really needed if you're riding in mud, sand, or water...Even then, it's debatable, and is more of a mod that just brings ease of mind to those of us who ride in those conditions (and a few of us have experienced sucking up sand)...Another mod many of us have done is plugged the oil drain hole that goes from the filter area to the lower oil filter cover bolt (to prevent this bolt from stripping because of oil debris)...http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=634724

• rcdude33

Posted May 11, 2011 - 06:55 PM

Rerouting the breather hose to the airbox eliminates the small possibility of anything being sucked up by it...Only really needed if you're riding in mud, sand, or water...Even then, it's debatable, and is more of a mod that just brings ease of mind to those of us who ride in those conditions (and a few of us have experienced sucking up sand)...Another mod many of us have done is plugged the oil drain hole that goes from the filter area to the lower oil filter cover bolt (to prevent this bolt from stripping because of oil debris)...http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=634724

Sweet!! man thanks!!! But im not sur if im going to do that to my bike, all i do is tighten the bolt up until its snug.

Is there anything else i should do to the bike?

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 11, 2011 - 07:23 PM

Sweet!! man thanks!!! But im not sur if im going to do that to my bike, all i do is tighten the bolt up until its snug.

Well it's not so much about over torquing it, it's more because little metal shavings get in there and compromise the threads after numerous oil changes...But no biggie, just something that guys who change the oil a whole lot don't want to eventually deal with...Once you have the supplies (right size bit and ball bearing) it's just a few minute inexpensive mod...

Is there anything else i should do to the bike?

Nope, just review the stuff that's already been talked about above...I don't know the history of your bike or how many hours are on it, but get your carb dialed in, check the valve clearances, maybe time for a new cam chain (they're junk like the stock drive chain and can cause massive problems once stretched), set your sag and suspension to your height/weight, new chain and sprocket, new tires, and new pipe (if you can afford it)...And you'll be ready to rip!:thumbsup:
Post some pics of it, especially of the pipe dent, so we can confirm or deny that's where your negative performance issues may be...

• Diode663

Posted May 12, 2011 - 06:59 AM

If you don't want to send your carb out I would get a jd jetting kit. It really woke up the bottom end on my bike. Also if someone else can chime in on this, why not get an oem 06 or 07 exhaust? They can be had for 100 bucks on ebay. As for the dents in the header, take it off, fill it with some water, and place it in the freezer and that should make them much better. I highly recommend rerouting your breather if you even think you're gonna be around water. I had the unfortunate experience of sucking in water when I stalled in a stream.

• rcdude33

Posted May 12, 2011 - 07:22 AM

I actually bought the bike new and it's go bout max is 24 hours in two months. But I already set my sag and all I need is tires, the stock ones arent very good.

Also I think my dent own too bad because the bike ran really good yesterday and the day before. I'm thinking some of the temp changes is making it run different.

Also about that 06 or 07 system, will I. Make my bike perform like if I put a drd exhaust on it? Because I saw the oem 06 And 07 systems for cheap.

But I can get a drd SS system for $300 since I work at my dealer.

Man there are some many choices

• Aka.Goose

Posted May 12, 2011 - 03:57 PM

Also about that 06 or 07 system, will it make my bike perform like if I put a drd exhaust on it?

Nope...

But I can get a drd SS system for $300 since I work at my dealer.

Put in some overtime or pick up some extra hours, stick with what you have for now, and save up for the complete drd system, not just the slip on...Then you'll definitely notice a big improvement...

• rcdude33

Posted May 12, 2011 - 06:08 PM

Nope...

Put in some overtime or pick up some extra hours, stick with what you have for now, and save up for the complete drd system, not just the slip on...Then you'll definitely notice a big improvement...

Really wow well looks like im gong with the drd then.

What about that JD jet kit? Any info on that?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.