fuel mix screw fell out

6 replies to this topic
  • ktmracer53

Posted May 08, 2011 - 08:43 PM

i was on the line to race and i tried to start my bike and it was alot harder and popping and the screw fell out i said screw it and i raced nothing happened but i was wondering could there be some major damages?
It was a five lap race that the laps were 2 mins long
Got first in my race and still pulled holeshot with it running like shit! ahha

• davidl9999

Posted May 08, 2011 - 08:48 PM

It's fine. Once you're on the Main Jet, the pilot circuit doesn't do much of anything. You could possibly suck some dirt into the carb riding it that way, but lots of people lose fuelscrews while riding with no long-term effects.

• ktmracer53

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:10 PM

thanks! well i gotta say i wasn't sucking dirt in, i was in 1st! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidl9999

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:19 PM

Grats! :thumbsup:

• primerib108

Posted May 09, 2011 - 05:15 AM

Happenned to me too! Bike was running fine around the track until I let off the throttle and Pa-pooooow......put a sunline screw in there and forget about it.

• WB450

Posted May 09, 2011 - 07:34 AM

I trail ride with a spare because mine fell out one day.

• ktmracer53

Posted May 09, 2011 - 08:02 AM

thanks guys i don't have to worry about it anymore @wb450 thats a good idea!

Yeah i was mad because i was already on the line and like a minute before my race lol!

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.