10/11 450 frame guards ?? not GYTR

8 replies to this topic
  • ChillyKTM

Posted May 07, 2011 - 03:25 AM

Anyone know who may be manufacturing frame guards for 2010/2011 yz450 ? Preferably carbonfiber ...had em for my 08 , and gytr has em in aluminum , but i want something similiar to the eline one's i had for the 08....

• motojase316

Posted May 09, 2011 - 03:54 AM

Check out lightspeed, they are doing carbon fibre for the 2010/11 Yamaha, need to contact them, no listing on the website.

• rickallen124

Posted May 09, 2011 - 04:35 AM

Lightspeed is doing them but when they will actually be produced is unknown as the release date has been pushed back several times since last November. Current eta-end off the month. LIghtspeed is the company making the gytr gauards.

• ChillyKTM

Posted May 10, 2011 - 03:02 AM

I just got the Lightsped glide plate and im not buying from them again >>> waited over 2 months for it , THEN the thing had a "fin " on the rear that had to be cut off in order to fit without needing to remove rear brake spring everytime ( so much for easy oil changes )
So i cut and ground the thing to size .
The guy wrote me an nice email explaining what i did was ok , since they designed it for Factory Teams ( they completely break bikes down once a week ).
Truth is I had to shave underbelly of plate as well for a flush fit....not worth the price if you ask me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted May 10, 2011 - 10:21 AM

I have the one piece skid plate/case gaurds and it fits perfect. I've never had a problem with their products just how long it takes them to produce them sometimes.

• motoxpsych

Posted May 12, 2011 - 06:32 PM

How long did you wait between ordering and receiving? I ordered April 19th and still have not received it.

• rickallen124

Posted May 15, 2011 - 06:33 AM

It only took 4 days as they had it in stock when I ordered. They make x amount every time they do a production run and if they happen to be out of that item you will have to wait until they do another production run. I'd call them and see what the situation is as you have been waiting a while. They are pretty good about letting you know when something will be available. It doesn't show you on the online store though.

• motoxpsych

Posted May 16, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks, Rick. I am going to call them tomorrow.

• tydock88

Posted May 17, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Good to hear the glid plates are shipping, mine has been on order since february :smirk:

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.