Kx100 *help*

7 replies to this topic
  • Pmason718

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

I buddy of mine just picked up a 2003 KX100 and would like to know his gas/oil mix ratio and what is the best or average oil you guys are using to mix with the gas, thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SilvFx

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

PMason,

Kawasaki KX100 manual says the pre-mix ratio is 32:1 (4 ounces of oil per gallon [128 oz] of gasoline). The best pre-mix oil question will get you hundreds of different responses depending on everyone's different likes, etc and whether you race or ride trails, etc. Do a search and you will find hundreds if not thousands of threads about premix oil, brands, it's impact on jetting, blah...blah...blah.

I just picked up a '09 KX100 for my daughter this past winter and I am using the Honda HP2 100 synthetic pre-mix that is designed to be mixed at 32:1 for the smaller displacement two strokes. I buy that since I can get it from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and at my local deal and the price is reasonable. Its also blue in color, so that i can tell whether i have already mixed into the gasoline.

I think a number of brands will work just fine for you, but i wouldn't go higher than a 32:1 mix ratio (i.e. dont go with less oil and higher numerical mix ratios). Lots and lots of threads about problems encountered when using pre mix ratios higher than 32:1 with a 125cc or smaller two stroke.

Your buddy could also just use the Kawasaki two stroke pre-mix until he gets comfortable with the brand and direction he wants to go.

The only thing I would stay away from is the castor based racing pre-mix oils if you are not racing.

• OLHILLBILLY

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:30 PM

Just pick one that is readily available in your area, mix it 32:1, and start reading the jetting stickies.
Pretty much any oil is good oil these days. Like SilvFx said though, avoid the Castor oils (BeNol, Blendzall, etc..) unless the bike will spend it's entire life pinned on the throttle stop.

• kawizuki

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

I run castor 927 at a 32:1 and it works great......I dont race? never had a problem with any bike

• Pmason718

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

PMason,

Kawasaki KX100 manual says the pre-mix ratio is 32:1 (4 ounces of oil per gallon [128 oz] of gasoline). The best pre-mix oil question will get you hundreds of different responses depending on everyone's different likes, etc and whether you race or ride trails, etc. Do a search and you will find hundreds if not thousands of threads about premix oil, brands, it's impact on jetting, blah...blah...blah.

I just picked up a '09 KX100 for my daughter this past winter and I am using the Honda HP2 100 synthetic pre-mix that is designed to be mixed at 32:1 for the smaller displacement two strokes. I buy that since I can get it from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and at my local deal and the price is reasonable. Its also blue in color, so that i can tell whether i have already mixed into the gasoline.

I think a number of brands will work just fine for you, but i wouldn't go higher than a 32:1 mix ratio (i.e. dont go with less oil and higher numerical mix ratios). Lots and lots of threads about problems encountered when using pre mix ratios higher than 32:1 with a 125cc or smaller two stroke.

Your buddy could also just use the Kawasaki two stroke pre-mix until he gets comfortable with the brand and direction he wants to go.

The only thing I would stay away from is the castor based racing pre-mix oils if you are not racing.

Thanks. While I was typing this thread he was already at the dealer picking up some stuff and he bought the Honda oil as well

• mojo racing

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Run the 32:1, people will try to talk you out of it saying you will get more power at 40:1 or whatever. Nothing could be further from the truth! I have seen tests that show that 32:1 creates more power due to the heavier oil ratio providing better ring to cylinder seal. You can run even heavier and it will not reduce power output until you start hitting ridiculous ratios. I dont have the test handy but you would be amazed at how rich an oil ratio you can run without creating problems. Run the 32:1, keep your filter clean and you will be surprised how long that motor can last.

• Pmason718

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:41 AM

Run the 32:1, people will try to talk you out of it saying you will get more power at 40:1 or whatever. Nothing could be further from the truth! I have seen tests that show that 32:1 creates more power due to the heavier oil ratio providing better ring to cylinder seal. You can run even heavier and it will not reduce power output until you start hitting ridiculous ratios. I dont have the test handy but you would be amazed at how rich an oil ratio you can run without creating problems. Run the 32:1, keep your filter clean and you will be surprised how long that motor can last.

thanks for the info this is what my buddy has been doing just sticking to what the manual recommends

• youngrider93

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

i asked about my 1997 kx 100 clutch problems an somebody told me to take the springs i got in the clutch kit out an put old ones back in so who ever you are ( here on thumper talk) thanks cause it worked an thanks silvfx for the advice to this forum this website helps a lot with informating an advice

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.