NE1 have experience with FMF's quiet core insert ?

3 replies to this topic
  • JerseyDirt

Posted August 19, 2003 - 11:44 AM

I have the Powercore 4 s/a and it's loud as a mofo. I like it when I ride closed course, but would like to be more respectful in the woods. Has anyone tried the FMF modular quiet core insert in the Powercore4 muffler and if so, what were your impressions?
Thanks,
JD :)

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted August 19, 2003 - 03:29 PM

I use one with my PC4 on my DRZ when running ds events or riding near houses. It does decrease the sound a bit. I did notice a bit of a loss of top-end... no big deal when riding tight woods.

I've been sound tested twice with dramatically different results. The first time I blew 95db. The next time I was tested I blew 101, but I think their standards were off and they also had me revving the motor very high.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JerseyDirt

Posted August 20, 2003 - 05:07 AM

Thanks. Just to clarify, are you using this one?
Quiet Insert

What is the difference between the insert and this endcap here: Quiet end cap

JD

• Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted August 20, 2003 - 07:14 AM

Thanks. Just to clarify, are you using this one?
Quiet Insert

What is the difference between the insert and this endcap here: Quiet end cap

JD

Yep, that's the one :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.