first impression of my wr

4 replies to this topic
  • wr45

Posted May 06, 2011 - 09:18 AM

my last bike was a 97 xr 400. loved it, kind of a tank but reliable as hell. easy to ride and handle. hopped on my 04 wr450 for the first time yesterday........
i've been fixing everything wrong with it the last 3 months, it was worth the wait it fn rips! too hard on the throttle and things get squirrelly real quick! i did the mods i found on here, its a wicked bike. i'm into it for 2700 bucks, so far worth every penny. thanks for the info on thumpertalk, great site!

• Dube2

Posted May 06, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Congrats on the new WR. I'm on my second one in 6 years and just love it. Won't own/ride anything else. The 04's are awesome and the new ones are even better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted May 06, 2011 - 04:12 PM

awesome man :thumbsup: i started out on a 99 in 05 and then bought the new AL frame in 07 and been on that ever since and they are awesome bikes with the slightest mods

• MANIAC998

Posted May 06, 2011 - 06:46 PM

Welcome to the WR club!!! Yeah, she's a beast. But she's a friendly beast!!! Maniac

• MaxPower

Posted May 06, 2011 - 11:27 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I hated mine until I installed a YZ silencer
It made it lighter because it was and feel lighter because it had the power now to lift the front wheel over the bumps[/COLOR]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.