carb mod's

3 replies to this topic
  • mclean133

Posted May 06, 2011 - 05:58 AM

I have 08 yzf450 the carb is out now and i was wondering if there is any mod's to do to it befor i put it back togeather.

• Mr. Neutron

Posted May 06, 2011 - 08:13 AM

If you go to the pinned stickies above (find the ones where Grayracer513 has them marked "Read These First"), you'll eventually find mention of the o-ring mod, for the accelerator pump.

See William1's pinned sticky in the WR Forum about "Eliminating The Dreaded Bog"...... There's some pretty good info on accelerator pump operation, & timing & such in that thread.

Getting your jetting dialed in, or rather, swapping jets if needed, now would be a little easier while ya have the carb off. :thumbsup:

Or, you could send it to Zip-Ty, and have them do their stuff to it.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rcdude33

Posted May 06, 2011 - 08:18 AM

I did the o ring mod to my 08 and it made a big difference

• grayracer513

Posted May 06, 2011 - 09:27 AM

Be careful using WR info for a YZF. The carbs are somewhat different in how they are set up.

In most cases, the carb on an '08 needs nothing other than proper jetting and tuning.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.