07 YZ450F rear wheel spacers

3 replies to this topic
  • ericolsen33

Posted May 05, 2011 - 07:43 PM

Hey all, I am new to the forum (was a guest for a while) and have received some good answers to other questions, thanks!

I just bought an 07 YZ450F which has treated me well so far but then last weekend I was at the dunes and had an issue with my paddle tire/wheel. You see I bought a used Warp9 wheel with a paddle online that came off a 09 YZ450F. When I took my stock wheel off, pulled off the spacers to put them on the warp9 wheel I noticed the diameter of the two were different. Basically the warp9 wheel was just slightly larger diameter than the other wheel making it so the spacers dont fit tight.

My questions are; is it ok to use them that way? If not, do I buy 09 spacers? is it the rubber gasket in the warp9 wheel that needs to be replaced?

THANKS in advance for the help!

• grayracer513

Posted May 05, 2011 - 08:15 PM

The '09 and later YZ450 uses a 25mm axle, and '99-'08 uses a 22. If the hub is a Warp 9 product, you can probably contact them and get the parts you need to convert it. If it's a Yamaha hub, you're going to have to sell it to someone who can use it or do some custom machine work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ericolsen33

Posted May 05, 2011 - 08:25 PM

oh boy, thanks for the info grayracer513. Even though I think it is a Warp9 hub I hope it is not too much of a pain.

• grayracer513

Posted May 06, 2011 - 07:24 AM

Probably won't be a big deal if it's a Warp 9 hub. Most aftermarket hubs like Talon, etc., use oversized bearings and then make the center spacers and outside spacers to fit the axle and swing arm they're intended to fit, so the parts you need should be easily available and easily switched.

If it's an OEM hub, it's really just too big a PITA to be worth the trouble, IMO.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.