WR450F or DRZ400....for everything

21 replies to this topic
  • ofgofg

Posted May 08, 2011 - 12:41 PM

I have had a drz400E, an xr650L, and currently 2x wr450s.... I would not in a million years go back to a drz or 650L! The honda is too big and heavy. The drz is too big and heavy,, and underpowered,, and tall...They are all great bikes in reality, but the power of the yamaha trumps all else. One of my wr is set up for street only as a supermoto,, so it gets alot of constant throttle. No problems. The other is strictly dirt, and it is light years ahead of a drz or 650L in any dirt environment. I intend to title, and fully dual sport the dirt only bike. There should not be any problems. If I could have only 1 it would be a wr450.

Edited by ofgofg, May 08, 2011 - 04:33 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OZ DRZ

Posted October 20, 2011 - 01:51 PM

They are all great bikes in reality, but the power of the yamaha trumps all else. If I could have only 1 it would be a wr450.

i'd agree. i definitely enjoyed owning a few DRZs but the power and light weight win out. i used some of the WR adventure bike tips here and found the cush drive hub, taller gearing, rekluse auto clutch and padded seat make the WR just as road or adventure ride worthy as the DRZ, but so much better in the dirt. and the jagg oiler cooler means fewer oil changes, so not quite the same intervals as the DRZ but still less frequent.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.