Need new plastics and graphic kits

19 replies to this topic
  • Carlcox89

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hi,
i've bought an Yamaha WR450 2007 and i'm needing two sets of plastic kits and two sets of graphic kits.
One graphic kit for the stock blue plastic and another graphic kit for a White plastic kit.
Any sugestions ?
I've already search things like flu design, FX, zero nine MX and dont like none.

• profabmachine

Posted May 04, 2011 - 03:46 PM

i got the gytr kit, looks good almost stock(ish)

• BajaFool

Posted May 04, 2011 - 04:01 PM

Check out Acerbis for the plastic. You can buy the blue and white plastic from them. You will have to order the WR style rear fender from them as an individual part for both the blue and white colors, however. No one sells the stock headlight plastic in anything except blue. Buy the plastic headlight plastic from Yamaha and paint it white using paint made for plastic.

One Industries has nice graphics and so does Acerbis.

• RichGuy

Posted May 04, 2011 - 06:34 PM

I actually got white plastics for my 07 WR450, but removed the lights also so I do have a YZ number plate and rear fender. I stuck the FX EVO 8 graphics on the white plastics, and I like them.

Posted Image

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 06:30 AM

I actually got white plastics for my 07 WR450, but removed the lights also so I do have a YZ number plate and rear fender. I stuck the FX EVO 8 graphics on the white plastics, and I like them.

RichGuy can you post the complete kit mounted in the bike with FX EVO 8 graphics ? I'm starting to like that kit with the image you posted. :thumbsup:

@BajaFool, i didnt understand why i have to buy the rear fender in separate.

• BajaFool

Posted May 05, 2011 - 08:30 AM

Carlcox89,
These are photos of my white 2008 WR450f. The Motoworld graphics were a gift from a dealer. It appears that they were made by Factory Effex. The other graphics are from various companies that I do business with and club decals. I like graphics from Acerbis, Factory Effex and One Industries. All of the white plastic came from Acerbis, including the WR style rear fender. The headlight plastic is the stock Yamaha blue plastic that I painted white.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 09:45 AM

Carlcox89,
These are photos of my white 2008 WR450f. The Motoworld graphics were a gift from a dealer. It appears that they were made by Factory Effex. The other graphics are from various companies that I do business with and club decals. I like graphics from Acerbis, Factory Effex and One Industries. All of the white plastic came from Acerbis, including the WR style rear fender. The headlight plastic is the stock Yamaha blue plastic that I painted white.

Looks very nice indeed.
For the white kit i've found this http://mxrockstar.co...ha_4221_500.jpg
i like that one, though i dont know if it's still available.

You also said :

You can buy the blue and white plastic from them. You will have to order the WR style rear fender from them as an individual part for both the blue and white colors, however.

but i've searched and at acerbis site the 'Plastic Kit Yamaha' includes:
front and rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops.

Why do i have to buy the rear in separate like you said, buddy?

Thanks

• miweber929

Posted May 05, 2011 - 10:15 AM

You also said :

but i've searched and at acerbis site the 'Plastic Kit Yamaha' includes:
front and rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops.

Why do i have to buy the rear in separate like you said, buddy?Thanks

Because the all-in-one plastic kits come with the MX rear fender, not the WR specific one. If you want the WR rear fender, you need to buy that seperate.

Mike

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:01 PM

Because the all-in-one plastic kits come with the MX rear fender, not the WR specific one. If you want the WR rear fender, you need to buy that seperate.

Mike

What's the difference between those two ?

• profabmachine

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:04 PM

i bought the Acerbis blue kit for my 07 and it came with the wr rear fender...and the taillight fit nice too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wags450

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:12 PM

www.dirtdna.com makes some sweet graphics they just did my YZ i love it. High quality and great pricing plus you pick what it looks like.

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:16 PM

i bought the Acerbis blue kit for my 07 and it came with the wr rear fender...and the taillight fit nice too.

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:
I'm going to buy the blue kit for now.
one more thing, the white kit comes with some black ? or is it all white ?

• profabmachine

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:
I'm going to buy the blue kit for now.
one more thing, the white kit comes with some black ? or is it all white ?

im not sure about the white kit, but id think it would be all white, there is a bit of black on the side (number) plates where they tie into the air box and id assume they would all be that way.

• miweber929

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:36 PM

What's the difference between those two ?

WR fender has a different shape and a built in taillight. Google images of a WR and a YZ and you'll see the difference. They are nothing alike visually, but will bolt up to one another.

Blue kit should come with the proper rear fender, but word is the white kit comes with the MX fender. A call or email to Acerbis should clear up any possible confusion or changes recently.

im not sure about the white kit, but id think it would be all white, there is a bit of black on the side (number) plates where they tie into the air box and id assume they would all be that way.

They will be all white. Only black is on the airbox. And on your stock fuel tank top.

Mike

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:41 PM

Ok, the total cost is going to be 120€ with shipping to Portugal.
Is it too much ?
How much does it cost in the U. States?

• BajaFool

Posted May 05, 2011 - 02:54 PM

I called Acerbis USA today and discussed this issue with Brian. The plastic kits for 2007 - 2011 WR450F's come with the WR style rear fender that will accept the original tail light and wiring.

This is the information from Acerbis USA:

BRAND YAMAHA
MODEL WR450F
PRODUCT PLASTICS
DESCRIPTION PLASTIC KITS
YEAR 07 - 11
COLOR WHITE
PART# 2106880002
RETAIL $ 129.95
Other information: Includes front fender, radiator shrouds, side panels and OEM style rear fender.

P.O. BOX 2030 SUN VALLEY, IDAHO 83353. OFFICE: 1-(800) 659-1440

I don't know anything about ordering from Acerbis if you are in Europe.

• Carlcox89

Posted May 05, 2011 - 03:10 PM

I called Acerbis USA today and discussed this issue with Brian. The plastic kits for 2007 - 2011 WR450F's come with the WR style rear fender that will accept the original tail light and wiring.

This is the information from Acerbis USA:

BRAND YAMAHA
MODEL WR450F
PRODUCT PLASTICS
DESCRIPTION PLASTIC KITS
YEAR 07 - 11
COLOR WHITE
PART# 2106880002
RETAIL $ 129.95
Other information: Includes front fender, radiator shrouds, side panels and OEM style rear fender.

P.O. BOX 2030 SUN VALLEY, IDAHO 83353. OFFICE: 1-(800) 659-1440

I don't know anything about ordering from Acerbis if you are in Europe.

Wow Baja, very grateful for this info :thumbsup:

And of course thank you all for the clarification.

• RichGuy

Posted May 05, 2011 - 05:27 PM

Carl, sorry I do not have it all installed yet. I am in the middle of doing the SP Phase 4 upgrade and kickstarter gear replacement... Hope to have it going in about 2 weeks.

RichGuy can you post the complete kit mounted in the bike with FX EVO 8 graphics ? I'm starting to like that kit with the image you posted. :thumbsup:

@BajaFool, i didnt understand why i have to buy the rear fender in separate.

• GASKICKER

Posted October 24, 2014 - 02:00 PM

anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced rear fender sticker for a 2007 wr450? rmatvmc nor TT has them.

• RMK800

Posted October 25, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Whatever you do make sure you get the YZ front fender. It takes a little customization, but looks so much more aggressive than the blah stock fender.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.