2011 YZ 450-Want to do it right!

4 replies to this topic
  • motoxpsych

Posted May 03, 2011 - 08:09 AM

I just received my power tuner and want to try it out. Is there a special procedure to unplug the electrical connection on the bike so I can plug in the power tuner. I have tried to gently pull on it but it seems to want to stay plugged in. Are there tabs or something I am not utilizing?

• motoxpsych

Posted May 03, 2011 - 01:12 PM

I called my local shop and we were able to figure it out.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Troutman

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:04 PM

I jacked with that thing for a little while too (did not want to break it) it is still a bit of a PITA to pry on that little tab.

• brentn

Posted May 03, 2011 - 07:11 PM

I had to file down the locking pin slightly, now it slides in much easier but still holds from slight tugs.

Posted May 04, 2011 - 06:02 AM

I thought it was a pain too at first, especially since hte cap on the tuner doesn't have the tab so I didn't expect the part on the bike to have one, but was easy once i realized i had to use a screwdriver to bend the tab to get it off.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.